Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2021, 02:45 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #6433
We have had a few problems with our 2017 30fe but most notably the leak. But it just seems that every coach has some kind of issues. I like the black tank pay back! wouldn’t had thought of someone doing that.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:48 AM   #22

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I think the half closed black valve is hilarious.

I'm guessing it was an
Attitude to the service department gets you a half closed black valve
Situation.

'I'll see your petulance and raise you a half open black valve...later. My iou is as good as gold.'
'I will gladly pay you a shit-storm on Thursday, for your tirade today'

A lesson for all to us to consider regarding beratement of service folk.
If that is a reasonable response to an irate customer then we as a society are in serious trouble. And if you think this is acceptable behavior for a service provider, then you are a jack ass.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:09 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
"Oh black water keep on rollin', Mississippi moon gonna keep on shinin' on me"
Haven't heard that in years

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:10 AM   #24

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
It doesn't seem to matter whose brand you buy, who you buy it from or how much you pay for it, they all have issues, I guess it's all in how you handle the issues. All of mine have had some minor problems, minor to me any way and I just take care of it myself. Now i have had 1 major issue with the one I have now the windows rattling over the dinette and I worked with Thor and they took care of it, it took them 4 months to solve the issue but it didn't ruin or stop me from using the RV. I'm sure something else is going to happen probably a slide issue seems to happen a lot, I will just deal with it, fix it and move on.
In a couple more years I will have eventually gone through everything on this RV and made it better and hopefully eliminate any future problems just like all the others I've owned.
I don't know how anyone can own RV and not have mechanical skills, they just require to much maintenance , or else it will spend a lot of time at a service center.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #25

State: New York
THOR #18343
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
our 2019 30FE has the black and grey tank sensors reversed also. It is annoying.
Why can’t you just remove the panel and switch the wires? I would think it wouldn’t be that hard?
Old 05-13-2021, 08:21 AM   #26

THOR #18343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
It doesn't seem to matter whose brand you buy, who you buy it from or how much you pay for it, they all have issues, I guess it's all in how you handle the issues. All of mine have had some minor problems, minor to me any way and I just take care of it myself. Now i have had 1 major issue with the one I have now the windows rattling over the dinette and I worked with Thor and they took care of it, it took them 4 months to solve the issue but it didn't ruin or stop me from using the RV. I'm sure something else is going to happen probably a slide issue seems to happen a lot, I will just deal with it, fix it and move on.
In a couple more years I will have eventually gone through everything on this RV and made it better and hopefully eliminate any future problems just like all the others I've owned.
I don't know how anyone can own RV and not have mechanical skills, they just require to much maintenance , or else it will spend a lot of time at a service center.
How did they end up fixing it? I have the same issue with the dinette window? Would love to replace it but would settle for just a remedy to the situation!!
Old 05-13-2021, 10:56 AM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
If that is a reasonable response to an irate customer then we as a society are in serious trouble. And if you think this is acceptable behavior for a service provider, then you are a jack ass.
Some folks just don't like getting yelled at for something they feel isn't their fault.
It's not right: but I understand why they did it.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:52 AM   #28

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Some folks just don't like getting yelled at for something they feel isn't their fault.
It's not right: but I understand why they did it.
While we are on the subject of individuals with bad attitudes here is an experience my wife had this week. We live in the area affected by the Colonial Pipeline shut down and folks were lining up at gas stations to fill up. The wife pulled into Sam's Club to fill up her car and there was a long line. She is almost to the pump when a guy pulls around all the cars and noses in between her and the car in front of her. Someone said something to him and he responded with a "finger salute". I ask my wife why she did not say anything and she responded that she did not want to get shot. An all to often occurrence these days in road rage incidents. Seems like civility went out with the rotary dial phone.

Bob
Old 05-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Sadly: I fear that you are correct.
I'm sorry that your Bride had to get caught up in that ugliness...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #30

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
OP post glad it did not destroy your camping experience

I strongly recommend a local independent rv tech. I think you still have a 1 year warranty..
And airstream prices are way up on this 1984!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210513-070400_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	30459  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:27 PM   #31

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:

Well said. I do the same. I have fixed several dozens of defects and failures on my several coaches over the years. Most minor but a couple were pretty significant - including a $1400 slide repair. I just try to take it in stride and keep on rolling. It’s a RECREATIONAL activity, after all.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #32

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdpok View Post
Why can’t you just remove the panel and switch the wires? I would think it wouldn’t be that hard?
That was exactly my thought, the panel is easy to take off.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #33

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
While we are on the subject of individuals with bad attitudes here is an experience my wife had this week. We live in the area affected by the Colonial Pipeline shut down and folks were lining up at gas stations to fill up. The wife pulled into Sam's Club to fill up her car and there was a long line. She is almost to the pump when a guy pulls around all the cars and noses in between her and the car in front of her. Someone said something to him and he responded with a "finger salute". I ask my wife why she did not say anything and she responded that she did not want to get shot. An all to often occurrence these days in road rage incidents. Seems like civility went out with the rotary dial phone.

Bob
What a world we live in! People can be rude, obnoxious and downright nasty and we have to worry about getting shot if we say something!
Actually it is surprising that the people at that Sam's Club showed that much restraint. A video of people pulling the guy out of the car and whooping him is the norm these days!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:25 PM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
A car druvenb like that should take an ice-pick shot to a tire or two...
Old 05-14-2021, 05:21 AM   #35

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post

Bob
Yeah gotta choose your battles carefully. Here in Utah it's now an open-carry state, with plenty of folks packing so you never know who is armed until it's too late.

Your wife made the right decision by not pushing the envelope
Gary

GVP
Old 05-14-2021, 11:08 AM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
There's an old saying: "Only fight the battles that you know you can,win."
Old 05-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #37
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVP-The Boxcar Children View Post
Yeah gotta choose your battles carefully. Here in Utah it's now an open-carry state, with plenty of folks packing so you never know who is armed until it's too late.

Your wife made the right decision by not pushing the envelope
Gary

GVP
Open carry means the weapon is carried in the open, not concealed; so you should certainly know who is armed before picking your battle.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #38
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Open carry means the weapon is carried in the open, not concealed; so you should certainly know who is armed before picking your battle.
Regardless of that: There is nothing about a panic-induced gas shortage that should cost anyone their life.
Ad a longtime full carry advocate, firearms instructor, and NRA Benefactor member: sidearms will only make these situations worse.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:13 PM   #39

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:

.....cut....

It use to be mostly mechanical, but now it also requires extensive electrical knowledge.

The question I keep asking myself is how long will manufacturers keep designing and building motorhomes that are too complex for the “average” American to maintain and/or fix themselves? Not only are motorhomes becoming more involved, but in my opinion the average American is not as interested or as capable of fixing things themselves. I know a lot of young people in particular who don’t own tools, have never changed oil in a car, do not understand basic electricity, etc.

Internet searches may help some, but I suspect in time there will be little desire and or tolerance for things that require a lot of maintenance and or repairs. Even when owners have the required aptitude, they seem more interested in fun activities. And I can’t blame them, because I don’t “enjoy” fixing things either, even when I can.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Have you tried working on any 2021 private passenger auto?
Technology moved past just about all of us back in the 1980s...

Tags
camping world too, disgruntled vs gruntled, thor is trash