Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-14-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
LandKO's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
Posts: 338
THOR #12827
Freedom Elite keyless entry door lock/latch

Iíve been wanting to replace the factory entry door lock/latch assembly with a keyless model on our Freedom Elite 30FE.
However, after searching this site for similar issues and researching the internet for a compatible model that will fit my RV, I have come up with nothing.
I also went to the Thor ownerís resource page for my s/n RV and all it showed was an electronic lock which is not on my model.
The lock/latch assembly on our unit is much larger than the ones advertised on etrailer, CW and several other sites.
Click image for larger version

Name:	143A0347-7394-4466-966E-A571C10634DC.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	30492
Click image for larger version

Name:	59E62A0D-ABBC-4209-AF9E-755C7C475DFB.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	30493
Have any other Freedom Elite owners replaced their door locks and if so, what did you replace it with?
Thanks for any replies.

__________________
2018 Freedom Elite30FE
Current toad - 2019 GMC Canyon 4WD
Former toad - 2004 Jeep Liberty
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 4,164
THOR #6826
That particular latch/lock is used on a great many class A coaches from many manufacturers. As far as I know, nobody has found a replacement for it yet with lots of people wanting one. I have heard though that at least one company has suggested that they will market one before long.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
LandKO's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
Posts: 338
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
That particular latch/lock is used on a great many class A coaches from many manufacturers. As far as I know, nobody has found a replacement for it yet with lots of people wanting one. I have heard though that at least one company has suggested that they will market one before long.
The class A clue led me to research further. Thanks.
The existing lock appears to be a TriMark model 030-0900. Still no luck in finding a replacement
__________________
2018 Freedom Elite30FE
Current toad - 2019 GMC Canyon 4WD
Former toad - 2004 Jeep Liberty
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
gnach's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
Posts: 683
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
The class A clue led me to research further. Thanks.
The existing lock appears to be a TriMark model 030-0900. Still no luck in finding a replacement
Yep, I've tried for my Axis. My latch had a gawdawful rattle while under way. Drove me nuts until I whined to a friend who told me to wrap several turns Teflon tape into the small gap behind the inside white handle. The cricket is gone.
__________________
I'm wearing trifocals now but my hindsight is 20/20.
*************
Bilsteins and Sumos front and rear...HUGE! FatMat and Hoodliner...HUGE!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Delaware
Posts: 1
THOR #24875
2022 Freedom elite 30fe door lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
Iíve been wanting to replace the factory entry door lock/latch assembly with a keyless model on our Freedom Elite 30FE.
However, after searching this site for similar issues and researching the internet for a compatible model that will fit my RV, I have come up with nothing.
I also went to the Thor ownerís resource page for my s/n RV and all it showed was an electronic lock which is not on my model.
The lock/latch assembly on our unit is much larger than the ones advertised on etrailer, CW and several other sites.
Attachment 30492
Attachment 30493
Have any other Freedom Elite owners replaced their door locks and if so, what did you replace it with?
Thanks for any replies.
I am wondering has anyone replaced their lock - still cant find one and i would love to use a keyless entry lock
__________________
mikepatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:51 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
ericmac450's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
Posts: 6
THOR #22917
I tried back in February to find one for probably a month. Mine looks exactly like the one in OP's picture.

I even emailed www.rvlock.com and they did not have one to fit.
__________________
ericmac450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 129
THOR #19565
Freedom Elite keyless entry door lock/latch

Iíve searched hi and low for 1.5 years and zilch nada. What I ended up doing is put a combination latch in the rear compartment with a spare key inside. Now we can go off without keys. Just canít forget to put them back!

FJM Security Combi-Cam... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048CATRK...p_mob_ap_share
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2