Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation SR24
State: Florida
THOR #13811
Fresh water tank leak

I have a white plastic fresh water tank and it is leaking around the screw for the sensor. Any suggestions for a fix? I’m not sure what I can use for a sealant. Thanks. Bob.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:36 PM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
I have used both Permatex and Loctite products in the distant past back in the day of TT and 5th wheels, both had products that worked
Old 01-10-2019, 01:35 AM   #3

Model: Citation SR24
State: Florida
THOR #13811
Fresh Water Tank Leak

Well, this turned into a bit of a cluster. It turns out the metal insert that the screw for the wire goes into was leaking. This is a spin in style sensor. So I pulled out the insert and enlarged the small hole to accept a 3/8” rubber sensor. Installed the new sensor and thought I had it cured. Nope! Still leaking. Well the area where the metal insert was (that is part of the spin in sensor itself) is thicker than the tank wall. Therefore the rubber grommet would not mushroom out to make the seal. I know, it’s hard to explain. Anyway just know that drilling the hole in the spin in sensor bigger and installing a new sensor does “not” work. I had to plastic weld the hole closed. I used some polyethylene flat rod from Amazon and my HF Tools hot air plastic welder and closed up the hole I drilled. Then I drilled a hole beside the old one and installed my new sensor. Problem solved.