Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2019, 12:07 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: California
THOR #12941
Fresh water tank not taking on water

I'm attempting to fill my fresh water tank as it is down to a quarter. It took maybe a gallon and is just spilling out the side. What do I do now?

Old 07-14-2019, 01:22 AM   #2

THOR #12941
Got it. Putt out the bedroom slide lifted the bed and wiggled the hoses. That fixed it.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:41 AM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
So it sounded like a kinked hose caused by the slide perhaps? The other thing that causes this is if the small vent line, which is typically located beside the fresh water gravity fill opening, fills with water so no air can escape as fresh tries to enter the tank. My ACE does that occasionally, but I can't easily get at the vent line to raise it over the fill line......so I just use a short piece of rubber hose and blow through it into the vent line.....forcing any water out of the vent line; restores the normal flow fresh water fill.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:46 AM   #4

THOR #12941
Thumbs up Good to Know

Thanks for that input Javelin. I will keep that in mind as it could have been the problem. I couldn't really see the hoses to know what the problem was. I just jiggled them and it opened up. So I will definitely keep this in mind should it happen again. And don't ya know, it was steaming hot out there while I was struggling with this. Fortunately, it was just a day of clean up and preparation. Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
The fill line on mine dipped a good bit between the outside inlet and where the hose hooks to the tank. Water would pool in this area. I had to force water (seal around the hose where you stick it in the outside fill port) through the hose until it got flowing pretty good. Subsequently, Thor raised the hose to level during my factory visit last December and no issues since. Tech said it was a very common issue with a easy fix.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote