Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2020, 12:17 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #19044
LP Switch

Is there a fuse associated with the LP Switch on a 2010 Damon Tuscany? Neither of the switches (overhead inside or outside one in water compartment) work. Seems no power to them.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi. I don’t know your coach at all, or where that control fuse is located, but to clarify I think you are saying that you have a solenoid style (electric) LP gas shut off valve that you can’t turn on manually by remote switches?
If yes, do you know if this LP gas valve solenoid is also tied into the propane detector (per coach manual)? If so, is the propane detector “on” and working OK? If the propane detector is “off” (or failed), it likely also keeps the gas valve “off” and possibly may not be over ridden by manual switches, as a safety. A propane detector control relay likely locks out manual switch control of the LP gas valve (just guessing here).

Have you checked for DC voltage at the LP gas solenoid valve, when someone else operates the switches? Maybe the solenoid valve has failed closed or there is a bad electrical connection(s) ?
Old 06-04-2020, 03:43 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #19044
I have one switch located in a compartment above the door and one switch located in water compartment. Neither seem to have power at the switch.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:57 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well, if it is a simple fused connection then it could just be the fuse is blown (sorry can't help find it, but if it is not in the builders fuse panels it might be an in line fuse buried somewhere).

As I noted previously, if the LP gas in your coach is controlled by an electric valve, the 12vdc voltage to the valve on/off switches may not get connected until the propane gas detector lockout relay is operated(if equipped with one). The propane detector in your coach "may" control the lockout relay. So if the propane detector is on (working) and not in alarm, it would operate the lockout relay, which would connect the 12vdc to your LP valve on/off switches. But I am only guessing here.....in lieu of someone else who knows your coach LP system coming on the Forum and saying the fuse is "here".