Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2018, 01:58 AM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: North Carolina
Posts: 45
THOR #11657
Frig and freezer not cooling

SO we went for our shakedown cruise the other weekend. Went well everything worked. Prior to the trip I had the coach plugged into the house to get the fridge cold. Worked fine. Used the propane on the trip to keep it cool worked well. I parked the rig and hooked it back up to house current and not cooling at all. Light in fridge works but not cooling. Any ideas?
__________________

__________________
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:22 AM   #2
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 4,154
THOR #7035
I'm not familiar with the "still looking" model. Maybe you can elaborate on the type of fridge. Do you have 12 VDC control power?
__________________

__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:36 AM   #3
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: North Carolina
Posts: 45
THOR #11657
Called the Thor 24 line and found the problem. It is a Freedom Elite 22fe (2018). I knew that if you were using propane the rig had to be close to level (except when going doing the rode). I did not know that if your using shore power (electric) it also has to be level to work. Where it is parked it is nose down by a good 8 to 10 inches . I will move it a level spot tomorrow and then see if it works. I am sure it will since when it was plugged into house power before and the fridge worked it was parked level.
__________________
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:43 AM   #4
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: North Carolina
Posts: 45
THOR #11657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I'm not familiar with the "still looking" model. Maybe you can elaborate on the type of fridge. Do you have 12 VDC control power?
Sorry about that I didn't even realize that those were fill in the blank options. I have updated them so that is fixed as well.
__________________
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #5
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: North Carolina
Posts: 45
THOR #11657
Just wanted to close the post. After moving the rig to more level ground the fridge and freezer are working just fine so it was in fact a "being level" issue.
__________________
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #6
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 4,154
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
Called the Thor 24 line and found the problem. It is a Freedom Elite 22fe (2018). I knew that if you were using propane the rig had to be close to level (except when going doing the rode). I did not know that if your using shore power (electric) it also has to be level to work. Where it is parked it is nose down by a good 8 to 10 inches . I will move it a level spot tomorrow and then see if it works. I am sure it will since when it was plugged into house power before and the fridge worked it was parked level.
Yep, the fridge works the same in both modes: the only difference is the device supplying the heat.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:59 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,549
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
Just wanted to close the post. After moving the rig to more level ground the fridge and freezer are working just fine so it was in fact a "being level" issue.
Yeah when in our driveway if I don't level the refer actually gets warmer instead of cools !
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #8
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 13,436
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that you've got it all sorted out...
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"Nobody helps him. Now he has his revenge"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×