Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2004 Windsport 36Z
State: South Carolina
THOR #6285
VacuFlush questions

Greetings. Apologies if this is in the wrong section or if this has been previously discussed.

Getting ready to troubleshoot a 2004 Four Winds Windsport VacuFlush toilet - pump will not power up. My questions: is there an "on/off" switch for this system, or is it hard-wired? If there is a switch, where might it be located? I have searched diligently for a switch to no avail.

Any info will be welcomed - thanks in advance.

-- John

Old 04-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2004 Windsport 36Z
State: South Carolina
THOR #6285
Update:

Finally figured this thing out.

The holding tank and vacuum pump are located behind a false front under the washer / dryer. I had noticed piping underneath before, but had thought it was associated with the washer / dryer. On a whim I pulled the false front and voila! Sitting there pretty as you please.

Finding the gear was only half the problem, however. No power to the pump. It looks like the previous owner had uninstalled something in there - I assume it was the aforementioned monitor panel. There are a couple of plugs hanging loose, and the hot and neutral wires to the pump have been reconnected to input supply. So, I traced back to the fuse panel under the hood and found good 12V. Hmm. Started point-to-point checking and found (of all things) a bad butt splice on the neutral leg. Replaced the splice and bingo! Pump works like a champ - when the toilet is flushed, the pump chugs 10-12 times and the holding tank is cleared.

I'm a retired electrician / electronics technician / computer guy, and I can count on one hand how many times over the years I have found bad butt splices. Lucky shot in the dark!

The wife is happy, I'm happy, everybody's happy - woohoo!!