Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #11677
Front Radio display does not power on . . .

Hello! The radio in the drivers area does not turn on when I push the power button. . . it was working fine when I picked it up from the dealership and the tech gave us the walk thru. . .

He did something by the control panel to shut it off and I can't get it to come back on. I have a 4 winds 31e bunkhouse model and there are 3 switches and 1 dial down low by the steps. All 3 switches are in the down position and the dial is pointing to "ON".

Am I missing something? Is there something else I should be checking. The radio display does not come on with the engine running or with the engine off.

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #2

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRiley991954 View Post
Hello! The radio in the drivers area does not turn on when I push the power button. . . it was working fine when I picked it up from the dealership and the tech gave us the walk thru. . .

He did something by the control panel to shut it off and I can't get it to come back on. I have a 4 winds 31e bunkhouse model and there are 3 switches and 1 dial down low by the steps. All 3 switches are in the down position and the dial is pointing to "ON".

Am I missing something? Is there something else I should be checking. The radio display does not come on with the engine running or with the engine off.

Thanks!
Make sure the switch for coach power is on. The dash radio is qirednto the coach batteries and not the engine batteries.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #3

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpaw's House View Post
Make sure the switch for coach power is on. The dash radio is qirednto the coach batteries and not the engine batteries.
*wired into
Old 05-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #4

THOR #11677
Thanks for replying!

Thanks for replying . . . I appreciate it. The dash radio was working during the walk through before I took it off the lot before he cycled the coach power, which I believe is the dial down by the steps of the side door.

If the radio in the bedroom is working can I assume the 12v fuse is good and the wiring is good?

I have turned the dial off and on several times with no change in the symptons.

Thanks again!
Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #5

THOR #9516
I have to use the remote control for the dash radio to power on. There is probably another way, but I haven't found it. I have a Quantum 31F that I believe is basically the same rig. My coach power is a switch that lights red when on and working. It is located just inside the coach entryway.Click image for larger version

Name:	1526672914603.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	10324Click image for larger version

Name:	1526672951583.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	10325
Old 05-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #6

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpaw's House View Post
I have to use the remote control for the dash radio to power on. There is probably another way, but I haven't found it. I have a Quantum 31F that I believe is basically the same rig. My coach power is a switch that lights red when on and working. It is located just inside the coach entryway.Attachment 10324Attachment 10325
Sorry. Stand on your head to see the pictures correctly.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #7

THOR #9516
But I did figure out how to turn mine on without the remote thanks to me messing with it trying to decipher what may be happening with yours.

THANKS!!!
Old 05-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #8

THOR #11677
Mine is a little different from yours. . .

I checked the remote and I don't have that option on mine. I took a picture of the entry way and there are two switches together that operate the awning and the awning rope light outside. The single switch operates two small night lights that illuminate the steps in the RV, the steps coming in and the step by the bathroom door and bunkbeds. I think the round dial is the "house" power disconnect. It says "On" at the 3:00 position and "Off" at the 12:00 position. Tried it in both positions, no change.

Glad to hear you had better luck with your remote!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180518_163300.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	10326  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #9

THOR #9516
Your power switch is definitely different than mine, but it certainly looks as if it is in the correct position. Sorry I couldn't help.