Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
I have checked the harnesses in the engine bay and in the dash. Nothing appears to be disconnected, corroded or chewed on by a rodent. Mitch S, the rear signal and emergency lights are working as designed so IMHO the switch must be OK. Will have someone with electrical expertise take a look. Thanks to everyone.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:39 PM   #22

Model: Mandalay
State: Florida
THOR #11268
I had a similar problem on my thor motorcoach. I gave up trying to troubleshoot it although I am pretty good with electricity. Well, I called a mobile tech and 6 hours later it was fixed.. He was baffled for a few hours but finally found a loose connection at a terminal block hidden behind a shield under the front cap. Long story short, I was against the wall but found someone who persevered and found the problem.. no problems with turn signals now.. whew..
Old 10-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #23

Brand: Jayco
Model: Alante
THOR #5597
Steamboat, turn signal switches have an output for each individual light. If you have a test light, check for power at the connector which should be close to the steering column. They are sometimes hard to find but they're there somewhere. You should have power on one or two wires with the signals off. With the signals on there will be a separate wire for left front, right front, left rear, and right rear. If you have power there. then the problem is farther down the line.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #24

THOR #8716
I’ve come across several of what I would consider as being wire blocks. A bunch of wires attached to a terminal block and in almost every case, the covers are not all the way on or jammed on as best as they could get it. I’ve been over some rough road trying to outrun Hurricane Florence I’m surprised it didn’t shake our livers lose. I will start testing but won’t cancel the electrical technician.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #25

Brand: Jayco
Model: Alante
THOR #5597
A good test light is indispensable. Just take your time and I'd start at the steering column connector. Just back probe the connectors while plugged up.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #26

THOR #8716
There is joy in Mudville. I had checked the fuse panels in the engine compartment and the one on the inside on the drivers side. While checking for lose wires above the inside fuse panel I found yet another fuse panel that was hidden by wires and has a black cover on it. Inside are several fuses including the fuse numbers I couldn’t find in the other panels. Checked the 15A fuses and both were blown, replaced and sure enough we have ignition and lift off. Thanks for all the input and guidance.