Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2018, 01:16 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
When you email your CW world Gen. Mgr tonight add this to the CC in your email to him.. marcus@campingworld. com

You might be surprised how QUICKLY he calls you back making everything right.

Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
I don't think I would give up quite yet. A call to the GM at the store would be my next move. Tell him you want a full test & inspection of the water lines & faucets in question. And, any damage is repaired "ON-THE-SPOT". No, you are not leaving the coach.
Damn Straight Buckaroo!
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
While I agree: Kingston's Camping World doesn't have the largest service area in the chain...
There are already rigs in every bay: do you propose pulling one of them back outside?

(sorry... )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #24

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Tired of CW? Go somewhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTR10 View Post
I never thought I would be looking forward to my Thor warrenty to expire so I can stop dealing with CW and use my extended warrenty. Unfortunately there is no Thor dealer here on Long Island so I would have to pay for repairs, then get reimbursed from Thor for warrenty work, which I understand can take months. We have a small Jayco dealership about an hour from us that is family run. When you call they actually pick up the phone and talk to you, what a concept. When you take your rv in for service it doesn't sit for months before they even look at it.
I had all I could stand of CW so I called a local RV repair shop that has a really good reputation when the shower started leaking and found out he does warranty work for THOR all the time. He located the problem and called THOR for authorization to do the work. THOR sent him the part and he sent the bad part back to THOR and THOR paid him. He said he's never been turned down by THOR on doing warranty work. You might try that if you have a good repair shop somewhere around you.
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:52 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
That's a good idea!
Was this a place that you already knew about; or did you have to do some searching for it?
(How did you find it?)
Old 01-08-2018, 04:26 AM   #26

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
That's a good idea!
Was this a place that you already knew about; or did you have to do some searching for it?
(How did you find it?)
I already knew they had a good reputation. Then I found out my son-in-law takes his Allegro there so I popped by there to check them out and found out about the warranty work.
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #27

State: Florida
THOR #10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleDan View Post
I had all I could stand of CW so I called a local RV repair shop that has a really good reputation when the shower started leaking and found out he does warranty work for THOR all the time. He located the problem and called THOR for authorization to do the work. THOR sent him the part and he sent the bad part back to THOR and THOR paid him. He said he's never been turned down by THOR on doing warranty work. You might try that if you have a good repair shop somewhere around you.
What is the name of the repair shop on the island bills in Lindenhurst? ???
Old 01-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #28

Model: 24' FE
THOR #9680
Quote:
It looks like Camping World Kingston NY strikes again. It's been in the low teens here on Long Island the last few days. I went out yesterday to start the engine and generator to keep all the batteries charged and check on the bins and outside kitchen on our Windsport 29M. When I opened the outside kitchen ice was hanging from the faucet and the faucet knobs were frozen. I removed the aerator and found the faucet clogged with ice. It looks like when they winterized they missed the outside kitchen. Is there anything I can do at this point? It's suppose to remain frigid cold at least the next week.
Camping World Kingston is a nightmare. I bought a brand new 2018 Thor 24fe October 7 , went to close the deal on the 14 just to find the unit damaged, refused delivery. They found another unit had it shipped from Syracuse,took delivery on that on the 21. When I got it home {Bellmore}. It sat for a week, We got hammered with that bad rain storm on October 29, came out to see the windows fogged up, opened up my unit and it was raining in the cab, 2 inches of water in the wells, headliner streaming water. Drove it back to Kingston on the 30th and thats the last I have seen it. They wont take it back , OH YES lemon laws do not apply to RVs. They ship it back to THOR to rehab the interior, In Thors defense there customer service team is great updated weekly on the repairs.My unit shipped back to Kingston and they received it on December 29. It is now January 10 I have left 3 messages and 5 emails for the Manager John Glenn regarding when I can pick it up or even just a whats going on now with it. I HAVE GOT NOTHING BACK FROM HIM. And when I call nobody knows anything about my unit. "You need to talk to Mr Glen sir". Ive cleared next Monday to go there, I hope for Mr Glens sake he gets back to me before then. Its not going to be pretty when I get there.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #29

Model: 24' FE
THOR #9680
Sorry I beg to differ ,I feel there customer service is horrendous, I am still waiting to hear back from Mr Glenn
Old 01-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #30

State: Georgia
THOR #9957
Don’t take RV to CW ever. No CW.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:19 PM   #31

THOR #9957
Waste of time. Never let CW near your RV or pay the stupid tax.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #32

THOR #9957
Sending it to him goes to the manager at store: not him.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:35 PM   #33

THOR #9957
There are others than CW that handle Thor Warranty.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #34

THOR #9957
We’ll do this. Sue CW. Let your RV loan know that you can’t get RV and that CW and/or Thor has unit and you’re not paying payment. Loan folks will notify Thor and CW and Finance company will no longer finance future RVs.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESUrunner23 View Post
Camping World Kingston is a nightmare. I bought a brand new 2018 Thor 24fe October 7 , went to close the deal on the 14 just to find the unit damaged, refused delivery. They found another unit had it shipped from Syracuse,took delivery on that on the 21. When I got it home {Bellmore}. It sat for a week, We got hammered with that bad rain storm on October 29, came out to see the windows fogged up, opened up my unit and it was raining in the cab, 2 inches of water in the wells, headliner streaming water. Drove it back to Kingston on the 30th and thats the last I have seen it. They wont take it back , OH YES lemon laws do not apply to RVs. They ship it back to THOR to rehab the interior, In Thors defense there customer service team is great updated weekly on the repairs.My unit shipped back to Kingston and they received it on December 29. It is now January 10 I have left 3 messages and 5 emails for the Manager John Glenn regarding when I can pick it up or even just a whats going on now with it. I HAVE GOT NOTHING BACK FROM HIM. And when I call nobody knows anything about my unit. "You need to talk to Mr Glen sir". Ive cleared next Monday to go there, I hope for Mr Glens sake he gets back to me before then. Its not going to be pretty when I get there.
We bought our Outlaw from them on September 1st... (long story not worth repeating...) If you contact your sales associate, and ask them to find out exactly who is working on your rig: they can do that. Get an email for that person, and ask them what's going on. I've kept in touch with the fella doing the warranty work on ours, and he's been really good at keeping me informed.
Good luck!
Old 01-11-2018, 12:37 AM   #36

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
riskmgr=exactly which financial school did you graduate from? Your loan servicer could not care less about your argument or problems with anyone. You signed finance, not warranty, papers with them. Their only care or responsibility is to MAKE you submit all of your payments on time. They give a rats behind about anything else.. It's your credit rating. Really bad advice to try and with hold payment from a third party. Even if cw financed it, bad advice. Separate issues.

Bill
Old 01-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #37

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8264
ESUrunner23, Try tracy.jacques@campingworld.com. She is the delivery coordinator at CW Kingston. She is also hard to get ahold of, but worth a try.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:12 AM   #38

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
THOR #7582
Hey PNTR10,
I live on the Island too (Smithtown) I've only had my rig for 2 years.
I bought it when it was 18 months old so warranties were never an issue. I've been lucky with that anyway. The first owner took care of any factory problems. My problem now is that I've been unable to find a reliable repair center and I've had to do all my own work. It's a pain in the butt to find anyone to even do a State Inspection or an oil change. If you have a generator problem you're in deep poop. You have to go to the South Bronx to get it fixed.The Ford Dealers won't touch the mechanical parts either. They say they're too big for their shops. Now that Thor bought Jayco, will that Jayco Dealer in Wading River service Thor rigs also?

By the way, winterizing is a snap if you have a decent compressor. There's really no need to drive to Kingston. All you have to do is find all of the drain points (they hide some of them good) and blow them out. I don't use anti-freeze and I haven't had any problems. You didn't mention winterizing your genny. You've GOT to use stablizer in your tank and run it under a moderate load for at least 30 minutes every month. The Cummins generators are the fussiest machines I've ever worked on and the repair shops charge a fortune.

Good Luck with your rig. Stay warm
Old 01-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #39

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8264
Jim, At this point I wouldn't let CW Kingston change a light bulb. Our rig was already at CW for warrenty repairs so we had them do the winterizing. WES in Wading River from our limited dealings is a great place. We started our search there but prefered the price point and floor plan of the Thor over Jayco. They do service Thor and from now on we will be using them. The only problem is we would have to have paid out of pocket and then get reimbursed from Thor. I called around and Otis Ford in Quogue can service large rv's. We will be going there in the spring for an oil change and hopefully tire balance. I think WES can do inspections but I'm not sure. We also will be using WES to install a toad braking system. Good luck.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
ESUrunner23, Try tracy.jacques@campingworld.com. She is the delivery coordinator at CW Kingston. She is also hard to get a hold of, but worth a try.
I agree...
It wouldn't hurt to try.