Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #6878
No better here in Chattanooga w CW.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #42

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: New York
THOR #7582
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTR10 View Post
Jim, At this point I wouldn't let CW Kingston change a light bulb. Our rig was already at CW for warrenty repairs so we had them do the winterizing. WES in Wading River from our limited dealings is a great place. We started our search there but prefered the price point and floor plan of the Thor over Jayco. They do service Thor and from now on we will be using them. The only problem is we would have to have paid out of pocket and then get reimbursed from Thor. I called around and Otis Ford in Quogue can service large rv's. We will be going there in the spring for an oil change and hopefully tire balance. I think WES can do inspections but I'm not sure. We also will be using WES to install a toad braking system. Good luck.
Thanks for the info on W.E.S. And Quogue Ford. It sure beats driving to Kingston. I was able to find a place closer to home that will do an oil change and inspection. It took a while and quite a few phone calls but I did find one. It's Barnwell Tire on Lakeland Ave in Ronkonkoma. They're friendly and their prices are reasonable.They'll even do it while you wait. There's a propane dealer nearby too.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #43

Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #8264
Jim, I took my Windsport 29M to Barnwell to get an alignment and they could not fit it on their machine because it sits too low and would have bottomed out. They were able to do the chf and tire balance.