Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2017, 11:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29m
State: Louisiana
THOR #3932
Thor 2017 Hurricane 29m, aussie gas grill

Hey hope someone can answer this,,have u used your grill, I would guess it's yes..My grill is burning at a hight remp. Only .even on low, it's above 500 and black smoke and yellow flame..I have a knob, but nor regular on grill.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:10 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #4312
I never measured the temp but mine is hotter on the back side of the grill cooking area nearest to the hinges

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Texas
THOR #6962
I have used mine 3 different times since picking up my coach in Feb. and I have had a similar experience where the temperature knob has a minimal variance in temperature. And the temperature is pretty much on raging heat or just barely on until a light breeze blows it out. I love to grill and am pretty good at it... but that little POS absolutely tests my skills as I have to keep opening the lid to let some heat out and then close it again because with it open it barely cooks at all. It came with the coach so it's hard to just pitch it but I am pretty much thinking I need to upgrade.

So with that... anyone have a recommendation on a good gas grill that hooks up to the coach gas line? Something that is small and easily stowable in the basement but also has good/accurate temperature control? I am worried about spending money and getting stuck with a similar problem.

Thanks all!
Charlie
Old 05-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #4

THOR #3932
Aussie grill

I tried getting help from Aussie and have no luck..Just thinking,all grills have regulator to control the pressure..My 29m is having it only bugs fixed while it's in warrenty,when I get it back next week I'm following the line to see..I want to hit camping world to see if the little one have more than a dial pressure..and no I didn't buy it from camping world
Old 05-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #5

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
mine has a control knob that regulates the burner.

tag along question,

does anyone have a picture of their grill correctly mounted on the stand that came with the coach? I was able to remove the lower grease drip tray and stretch the stand so it will work, but I don't think I am mounting it the way it was designed to be mounted.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #6

THOR #3932
I cut a good piece of wood and made a table out of it..then sit it on the table..had some clamp here I used so I wouldn't knock it off
Old 06-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7497
Did your grill come with a stand?

We had a terrible time getting our dealer to include the grill in our 29M, even though we were sure the specs said it was included. THey finally took one out of another motorhome but there is no stand. Is a stand supposed to be included for the grill, does anyone know?
Old 06-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb52 View Post
We had a terrible time getting our dealer to include the grill in our 29M, even though we were sure the specs said it was included. THey finally took one out of another motorhome but there is no stand. Is a stand supposed to be included for the grill, does anyone know?
Yes, you should have gotten a stand, they need to get that out of the other motorhome too!