Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2022, 02:02 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBob View Post
Thanks. I counted teeth on the tracks yesterday and they are the same top and bottom. Front to back they seems to be one tooth different. I opened and closed the slide 3 times just to confirm it’s not a synch issue. When the slide is closed it is now apparent that the lower front is not as tight as the other 3 corners.

I wish I was in the position to get Vroom but that is not possible until sometime next year.
Are the tracks seemingly tight? Because it sounds as though all is operating as it should.

Old 07-10-2022, 02:24 PM   #42

Model: Aria 3401
State: Texas
THOR #25110
Yes. One the first things I did after I bought the coach last October and learned about the perils of Schwintek was check all the screws, moving over 1” and adding additional screws to those stripped out. I bought the dry lube Lippert recommends and treated all the seals. It actually seems to work fine except for front bottom working out when driven.

I’m calling Lippert tomorrow to get their thoughts. I might put a slide lock on that corner but I’m scared to death I’ll forget to remove it! Even a sign over the panel might not save me. Lol
Old 07-21-2022, 07:47 PM   #43

THOR #25110
So I bought a slide lock and drove it for the first time today with the slide lock in place. I evidently didn't have it tight enough because one end dropped down but it only allowed the slide to move out a little and the movement was even front-to-back. I'll tighten the slide lock more next time and see. My long range plan is to get a Vroom system on that slide next year.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:50 PM   #44

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBob View Post
So I bought a slide lock and drove it for the first time today with the slide lock in place. I evidently didn't have it tight enough because one end dropped down but it only allowed the slide to move out a little and the movement was even front-to-back. I'll tighten the slide lock more next time and see. My long range plan is to get a Vroom system on that slide next year.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
Do your best to get the slide lock pad to line up with one of the L brackets behind the slide trim so you don't break the trim. The L bracket mount is fairly stout - I put mine on the brackets front and rear without issue.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:54 PM   #45

THOR #25110
Thanks