Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Quebec
THOR #2785
2001 Four winds fresh water drain.

hi guy's,

I need to get my rv winterized its a 2001 fourwinds windsport 34' a class and I cant find the location for the fresh water drain.
time is running out here in Canada lol

does someone have any ideas?

Old 10-15-2015, 01:44 AM   #2

Brand: Crossroads
Model: 37' fifthwheel
State: Connecticut
THOR #470
Locate the fresh water tank, and if you can lift a seat up to look at the tank there is always a drain under the coach/ camper
Old 10-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #3

State: Quebec
THOR #2785
I found it last night, its actually right under the water fill inlet, it was dried up from the sunlight and broke, no handle or spout but it resembled a petcock so I took it apart and it started draining.

I added 2 gallons of antifreeze to it and my pump is not pumping it to my sinks, is there not enough, I wonder how much do I need, I was thinking that its might not be enough for the pump to get feed.

thanks for the reply moparguy62
Old 10-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshot View Post
I found it last night, its actually right under the water fill inlet, it was dried up from the sunlight and broke, no handle or spout but it resembled a petcock so I took it apart and it started draining.

I added 2 gallons of antifreeze to it and my pump is not pumping it to my sinks, is there not enough, I wonder how much do I need, I was thinking that its might not be enough for the pump to get feed.

thanks for the reply moparguy62
You say you "added 2 gallons of antifreeze..." How did you add the antifreeze?

I have not yet winterized this coach but on my other rigs it generally took 1 - 1.5 gallons of antifreeze to go through the entire system. What was left out of 2 gallons I would pour in the toilet bowl (to cover the seal) and the sink and shower drains for the P traps.

If you used 2 gallons and are not seeing pink out of the faucets something is not right.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #5

Brand: Crossroads
Model: 37' fifthwheel
State: Connecticut
THOR #470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
You say you "added 2 gallons of antifreeze..." How did you add the antifreeze?

I have not yet winterized this coach but on my other rigs it generally took 1 - 1.5 gallons of antifreeze to go through the entire system. What was left out of 2 gallons I would pour in the toilet bowl (to cover the seal) and the sink and shower drains for the P traps.

If you used 2 gallons and are not seeing pink out of the faucets something is not right.
Most tanks take 5 gallons to prime the pump, then once your done drain the remaining antifreeze into the gallons for future use.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy62
Most tanks take 5 gallons to prime the pump, then once your done drain the remaining antifreeze into the gallons for future use.
Many RV's (including most Thor motorhomes) have a port in the plumbing to feed antifreeze directly into them. Thus in these cases you don't have to put any in the tank at all.

In our case I use about 1.5 - 2 gallons of antifreeze and leave the freshwater tank dry.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Many RV's (including most Thor motorhomes) have a port in the plumbing to feed antifreeze directly into them. Thus in these cases you don't have to put any in the tank at all.

In our case I use about 1.5 - 2 gallons of antifreeze and leave the freshwater tank dry.
If a winterization port is not on the coach a kit can be installed on the inlet side of the pump. I installed this kit on my prior Class C. After installation 1.5 gallons to winterize the system and I didn't have to put antifreeze into the fresh water tank.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-Pu...terization+kit
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:13 PM   #8

Model: Fourwinds Windsport 30Q
State: Texas
THOR #21379
Replacement Fresh Water Drain for 2001 Windsport 30Q

Hi. This thread is very old, but mentions the fresh water drain. Mine also appears to be broken off (the handle, lever, cap, or whatever it's called). Any ideas on where to get a replacement?
We are in the process of sanitizing the fresh water tank on a 2001 Windsport 30Q. First, we added a little amount of bleach and used a funnel to put a few gallons of water in...then we tried adding water from a hose while at a campsite (the water was on low pressure but still managed to overflow and drain down the side of the rig- perhaps we were adding too fast?). We didn't complete filling the tank as we didn't know what was happening with the water flowing out...Recently we noticed water shot straight out of the freshwater drain when we were backing out of our parking spot where we store the rig.
Didn't realize that was a drain as it is broken off, but now we know. If anyone knows where we can get a replacement that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.