Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2019, 12:12 AM   #21

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
You must find the junction of the 12 wires for the fridge and the furnace. It will be under the fridge or behind it or in some close by cabinet. My trailer had the furnace, fridge, range hood, and water heater controls on the same circuit. 3 wires cam together next to the furnace under the fridge, It's not outside it is inside the cabinetry. You just gonna have to keep looking.

A loose connection starts at the factory. Not going down the road. A loose connection causes heat which causes a high resistance connection.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:12 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #15745
Check near your Battery there may be two circuit breakers. One of mine went out and I lost half my 12v. One controls the slide out the other the rest of the 12v
They could have one just for the refrigerator and furnace.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #23

State: Alaska
THOR #16209
A update on my electrical issue. I need to pull the fridge to get to the wires to the fridge and furnace. Since I made the fridge work with a separate battery and my RV is booked solid with guests I am waiting till Sept. to pull the fridge and find my bad wire.
Today when I went to pull the lever for my black water tank I got shocked. A pretty good shock. Not so bad I didn't reach out and grab it again but bad enough I went and got rubber gloves to pull the lever the third time. My cable had broke so I made a metal lever going to the valve. That lever is carrying a charge. It has been raining for two days so everything is wet. I am guessing that the wire giving my furnace and fridge problems is what is lighting me up when I grab that metal handle. I ran my hands over the TT to see if the wet siding would shock me but it did not.
I will post what I find when I fix the problem.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #24

THOR #16209
16ACE27 , is going to win the prize. It is indeed a short like he described. I ran a hot wire from a empty fuse block to the fridge and left the ground attached. The fridge now works. I tried to do the same thing with the furnace but I am not getting power to the thermostat. I was hoping to just run new wires to the furnace but with the thermostat tied into things I am going to have to find the short. It's getting cold up here and the electric heater is having a hard time keeping up. How big of a job is pulling that fridge out? I guess I will go find out. I will post what I find.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #25
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Run your wire to the furnace. The furnace supplies power to the thermostat.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #26

THOR #16209
Where would I connect the hot wire to? I tried to connect it to the on/off switch and that did not work.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:16 PM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantwell Troy View Post
Ok I understand your example but not where the high resistance connection may be. DO you mean literally the connections on the wires or something going on in a control board?
Go back and read post # 6 and 8. Loose or burned connections are High resistance connections.