Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2022, 03:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22GO
State: Louisiana
THOR #27572
Furrion Oven, No Gas Sound at valve

Hello all,

We have a Furrion three burner stove/range that runs on propane. The stovetop burners work fine as does the sparker but the oven does not work.

I don't hear the distinctive "hiss" of gas when I turn the oven fuel valve like I do with the stovetop burners/valves.

Can anyone tell me where to start on the fix for this problem over?

Thanks in advance
Tom

Old 11-13-2022, 04:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by R7000 View Post
Hello all,

We have a Furrion three burner stove/range that runs on propane. The stovetop burners work fine as does the sparker but the oven does not work.

I don't hear the distinctive "hiss" of gas when I turn the oven fuel valve like I do with the stovetop burners/valves.

Thanks in advance
Tom
If it is like most RV stove/ovens it has a pilot light and thermo bulb that allows main gas flow. Read the manual about lighting the pilot light. Normally you turn the knob to "Pilot" and push it in while lighting the pilot. Once the pilot light stays lit without pushing the knob in you can turn the knob to the desired temperature for main burner flow and lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion.png
Views:	30
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	40098  
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:24 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by R7000 View Post
Hello all,

Thanks in advance
Tom
Did you read the oven operating instructions? On my other brand, it is necessary to open the gas valve which under the top burners to supply gas. Next hold the spring loaded oven knob in while lighting the pilot light. There is a small hole about 2/3 if the way back on the bottom of the oven's burner enclosure. That is where you hold the butane grill lighter for about 15 seconds to light the pilot.
If yours is an automatic oven, then you still have the gas valve under the top. but just holding the oven control in for about 15 seconds should light the pilot if the gas valve is open.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote