Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2022, 03:46 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24TT
State: Colorado
THOR #27413
Fridge shuts off constantly

On my Thor Delano 2021 the fridge shuts off after only a minute or two. It worked last month fine, but I did have to reset it once in a while (like every few hours), now it shuts off after reset after only a few mins (red light blinking). Propane is fully loaded and on. Doesn't look like a fuse either since it is working (green light) for a few minutes before it shuts off. Any ideas ?

Old 08-26-2022, 04:55 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
What's the charge status of your house batteries?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 05:06 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Yes... check your house batteries. You also might try bleeding air from the propane lines... I usually light the stovetop burners for maybe 10 seconds or so, just to make sure the flame is blue and steady. I've never had any fridge (or hot water heater) issues after doing that.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:07 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Make & model of fridge? Norcold? 2 different dc power sources. One for the inside panel. Other for outside burner. Sounds like your burner is not trying to ignite. Have someone inside switch it on while you’re outside listening by the panel. You should hear the clicking sound of the electronic ignition. If not, your control box is bad. Mine did this. No ac on shorepower. No dc on batteries. Still had lights on panel. New control box from Amazon fixed it.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:47 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstelzer View Post
On my Thor Delano 2021 the fridge shuts off after only a minute or two. It worked last month fine, but I did have to reset it once in a while (like every few hours), now it shuts off after reset after only a few mins (red light blinking). Propane is fully loaded and on. Doesn't look like a fuse either since it is working (green light) for a few minutes before it shuts off. Any ideas ?
A Norcold RV fridge requires that the propane flame envelop the ignition wire during operation. The ionized gas of the flame conducts current, so the fridge's computer knows the flame is present. Should the gas not be present from a miss-adjustment of the probe, an improper air gas mixture or a strong gust of wind; the computer will shutoff the gas valve. After a set time, the computer will initiate an ignition cycle. After three failed ignition cycles tries, the computer will cease trying to light the flame and the computer will show an error light on the fridge's display.
I would suggest you need to have a expert check, the fridge for proper operation. This is not a operation for the usual RV owner for the chance of a fire or explosion is always present when working on propane appliances.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote