Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2022, 12:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24RW
State: Virginia
THOR #26271
Gaps ,under the slides

How many of you can see outside when they extend a slide. I have a 2022 Thor Delano 24RW that has a rear slide for the bed. It allows cold air in the winter and what ever wants to crawl in (mice ,rats ,snakes )or fly in during the summer. The repair techs tell me that it needs to be that way to let rain water out. Thor could use a permeable barrier and will on my coach.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:58 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash Woods View Post
How many of you can see outside when they extend a slide. I have a 2022 Thor Delano 24RW that has a rear slide for the bed. It allows cold air in the winter and what ever wants to crawl in (mice ,rats ,snakes )or fly in during the summer. The repair techs tell me that it needs to be that way to let rain water out. Thor could use a permeable barrier and will on my coach.
Generally, the bulb seals, seal the weather out when the slides are closed. When the slide is open there are wiper seals on the sides and top along the outer edge of the wall next to the slide. There is a wiper edge seal on the bottom inside edge of the slide that completes the slide's seal. The slides seals should be be lubricated about every other month. I use 303 protectant.

If you can see light when the slide is fully in or fully out a seal is not working as intended.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:05 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
If it is just in the corners, it is normal. The gaps are were the bottom seal and the side seal 'meet'.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:37 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
You think Thor is going to repair something to your specs. You need to think again.

All these issues weren’t discovered during the PDI?
Old 08-18-2022, 03:35 AM   #5

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
State: California
THOR #556
Can you send a photo so we can see the location and extent of the gaps?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:17 PM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
If you have gaps underneath the rubber "wiper" along the bottom of the slide, you have a legitimate issue.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:39 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Doesn’t post pictures, apparently doesn’t want help.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #8

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
My bedroom slide had daylight showing. I simply bought a strip of rubber wiper seal. Cut a couple of 6” strips. The NY attached them over the daylight areas. Whoever cut the original wiper seals didn’t cut the right length.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:39 PM   #9

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
My bedroom slide had daylight showing. I simply bought a strip of rubber wiper seal. Cut a couple of 6” strips. The NY attached them over the daylight areas. Whoever cut the original wiper seals didn’t cut the right length.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:19 PM   #10

THOR #21176
Yep, my daylight on my 24.1 was coming from the huge gap in the seal where the support beams in the middle go out. I had it checked while under warranty and Thor said it was all correct so the claim was refused.

When we're in extreme weather I have to shove large blocks of closed cell foam up there.
2021 Axis 24.1/2019 Fusion Hybrid
Selurgniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 02:23 AM   #11

State: Minnesota
THOR #19096
We really need pictures. I have a 2020 Delano 24RW (last one out of the factory before Covid-19 shutdown). I spent several months in it in Eastern Pennsylvania in the late fall and early winter of 2021 with no problems. I am concerned and would like to better understand the problem.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:44 AM   #12

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Ask the tech if that's the same as having leaky plumbing so your sink won't overflow?? What a maroon!
Old 08-25-2022, 08:57 AM   #13

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
If you are talking about the velcro bags that attempt to seal up the openings under the slide, they are to allow the slide box floor to move around the plumbing going into the grey and / or black tanks. The plumbing is fixed into the tank so the slide has to have an opening to move around it when extending and retracting.

I measured the openings in our SV34 and had my wife make a couple fabric panels. I had her sew Velcro around the edges and then I stick them up on the underside of the slide when we setup to cover the openings better than the bags. Then I remove them before retracting the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 4.53.40 AM.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	39242  
Old 08-26-2022, 06:20 PM   #14

Model: Vegas 25.6
THOR #25694
gaps under slide

i had the same gaps under my dinnet slide. i covered with heavy rubber that they use in home showers b4 they put the pan down. made sure the edges dont catch on anything.
took me a whole day to figer that out.
sorry about the spelling