Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
These chassis' are delivered to the body companies with the fuel hose and fill cap wire tied to the frame. Body companies, in this case an RV manufacturer, will sometimes mount the fill neck lower than intended as they try to keep it below the floor level. In most cases, filling it slowly will solve the problem. I've had the issue since new...just have to slow down the fill rate.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:35 AM   #22

Model: Venetian A40
State: Idaho
THOR #17453
Today while dropping the coach off for some other warantee issues, I mentioned to the write up gal, that fueling from the driver side is nearly impossible at any rate due to foam ups shutting off the pump. She said she'd heard the complaint at least 150 times and basically "tough poopoo... There ain't no fix".

Well Eff Ewe, your sales man touted that dual fill points were a huge convenience. LAZYDAYS. STOP TELLING PEOPLE two fuel points is a selling feature when you KNOW one side simply doesn't work effectively enough to support standard fueling rates.

And for all you folk suggesting "fuel slower" or "hold the nozzle upside down" or some other noneffective self help aide? Give me a break you need to take this problem back to THOR in the form of a class action lawsuit. MAN UP and stop taking this abuse from the manufacturer defecating on the consumer. YOU PAID FOR THE DUAL FUELING POINTS, have the self respect to expect them to both work.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:38 AM   #23

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I feel your pain BlueWater but when we purchase coaches from an entry level manufacturer we have to expect below average quality and besides every manufacturer produces low quality RV products. At least that's what I've be told on Thor Forums.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:35 AM   #24

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
I had the same problem a few weeks ago and the dealer would not do anything to fix it so i called Thor to reimburse the coat to get it fixed and they agreed.
The mechanic told me that the air vent was to long and when I put gas in the rig and let it run until it clicks off, this causes gas to go into the air hose and clog the vent hose with gas. the cut out a portion of the air hose and I've been god so far.

jEFF
Old 01-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #25

THOR #17453
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post
The mechanic...jEFF
I'm in the Orlando area for a few weeks yet, can you point me in the direction of the mechanic that helped you out? Maybe I'll take him my rig too.

At this point I don't care who pays for it, but you can bet if I can find a fix on my own I'll be dragging the dealership back in to the discussion. Which brings up a side topic, of what to consider if your dealer says they outsource certain things... I'll start a thread on that topic now.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #26

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWaterSUX View Post
I'm in the Orlando area for a few weeks yet, can you point me in the direction of the mechanic that helped you out? Maybe I'll take him my rig too.

At this point I don't care who pays for it, but you can bet if I can find a fix on my own I'll be dragging the dealership back in to the discussion. Which brings up a side topic, of what to consider if your dealer says they outsource certain things... I'll start a thread on that topic now.
Rush Truck Center - Orlando South
9401 Bachman Road, Orlando, FL 32824
407-403-5300
Old 01-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #27

THOR #17453
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post
Rush Truck Center - Orlando South
9401 Bachman Road, Orlando, FL 32824
407-403-5300
Thanks you sir!!!!
Old 01-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #28

THOR #11130
Quote:
Today while dropping the coach off for some other warantee issues, I mentioned to the write up gal, that fueling from the driver side is nearly impossible at any rate due to foam ups shutting off the pump. She said she'd heard the complaint at least 150 times and basically "tough poopoo... There ain't no fix".

Well Eff Ewe, your sales man touted that dual fill points were a huge convenience. LAZYDAYS. STOP TELLING PEOPLE two fuel points is a selling feature when you KNOW one side simply doesn't work effectively enough to support standard fueling rates.

And for all you folk suggesting "fuel slower" or "hold the nozzle upside down" or some other noneffective self help aide? Give me a break you need to take this problem back to THOR in the form of a class action lawsuit. MAN UP and stop taking this abuse from the manufacturer defecating on the consumer. YOU PAID FOR THE DUAL FUELING POINTS, have the self respect to expect them to both work.

This forum is about suggestions and opinions that may or not help another member. When you post, you open up the floor for suggestions and discussions. Most here have been around the block a few times. If you don't like what people say...go away. How was it you worded it?...Oh yeah...EFF EWE!!!
Old 01-06-2020, 04:03 PM   #29

THOR #17453
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
This forum is about suggestions and opinions that may or not help another member. When you post, you open up the floor for suggestions and discussions. Most here have been around the block a few times. If you don't like what people say...go away. How was it you worded it?...Oh yeah...EFF EWE!!!
You're telling me I should just expect to be lied to by motorhome manufactures and accept it? No wonder these things have such horrible resale values. Nobody holds their feet to the fire.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #30

THOR #17453
Quote:
...Oh yeah...EFF EWE!!!
Just curious, do you earn your living in the motorhome industry misleading people?
The retort was directed to the manufacturer and dealer that insisted dual side fueling was a selling feature, not an unusable curse.

My criticism of you lies in your acceptance and now your expectation that I accept this too. Fortunately someone did provide a potential solution.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:33 PM   #31

THOR #11130
Whatever...
Old 01-06-2020, 11:16 PM   #32

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
You're telling me I should just expect to be lied to by motorhome manufactures and accept it? No wonder these things have such horrible resale values. Nobody holds their feet to the fire.

The fact that your coach has a problem doesn’t mean everybody else’s does too. As others have suggested, find someone who can fix it and move on. I’m not sure resale value is especially poor. At least not in my experience with well cared for machines. In fact, I think the demand for 2 or 3 year old well maintained RVs is pretty high. Hope you find a solution to your slow fueling problem.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #33

THOR #11130
My guess is the lines were not trimmed proper. There's most likely a kink or slight bend in the fill or the vent line. They are generically installed from the factory with enough extra line to fit most applications. Body builders must trim them to fit the end result. Carpenters (stretch) build these things...not mechanics or engineers.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #34

THOR #17453
Temporary solution for the Venetians with this problem

The Venetian platform has dual side fueling. Removing the caps from both sides while fuleing, will allow full speed fueling from one side or the other, until you can get the vehicle to a truck service center (or find the time to crawl under and fix yourself) and get the common Thor screw up of a bent, hockled, improperly installed tank vent line shortened and/or straightened out.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #35

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I've got a 2020 Magnitude with dual tanks. If I try to use the Truck Lanes for for diesel, I have the same issue. The high flow rates cause the pump to keep kicking off. If I use a regular Auto Diesel pump, I don't have any issues.

When I had the unit at Wakarusa a few months ago I had them look at it. They said often there are kinks in the fill tube hoses and / or vents. They also said many times it is the routing of the hoses and sometimes there are bends that cause the issue and not much can be done because of the way the coach was built.

The Thor Service Center looked at mine while it was there and they could not find anything obvious. In my case I need to stay way from the high-flow pumps with the large mouth nozzles. The bad part is that all but eliminates me from using the truck lanes, which is easier in many cases.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:22 PM   #36

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Hey Judge!
I might have something for you.
I have a few very nice looking fuel fillers from army tanks.
Self closing throat , nice nice finish, will take those big hoses and then some.
I don't think it would take much 3ffort to swap them into your filler neck.

Let me know if you want pictures.
If these weren't $2,000 worth of machining I'll be really surprised.
(I've had them for ten-ish years. I opened one of them this last summer and there was still pressure in the valve!)
I bought them for the sake of buying them and haven't found a project for them.
They mean nothing to me, the money is gone so I consider I'm in them next to nothing. Make me a trade of some sort....

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:15 PM   #37

THOR #11130
If you look at a truck-tractor...the file cap opens directly into a 100-150 gallon barrel shaped tank. The fuel nozzle looks like the back side of a jet engine...thus...super high fuel rate. Otherwise the truck would be at the pump for hours. High speed truck pumps generally don't do well with motorhomes, pickups or anything else with more than 1 foot of fill line.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #38

THOR #17453
Quote:
High speed truck pumps generally don't do well with motorhomes, pickups or anything else with more than 1 foot of fill line.
...but yet the chassis is built by the same people that built the trucks, with the same need for fuel and similar consumption rates.

Still making excuses for poor assembly and nonexistent product responsibility I see...
Old 02-04-2020, 07:46 PM   #39

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
...but yet the chassis is built by the same people that built the trucks, with the same need for fuel and similar consumption rates.

Still making excuses for poor assembly and nonexistent product responsibility I see...
Let me settle this for you.
Sell your coach.

You've obviously been mislead.

Tell us why you won't sell it to get happy and then stop posting as an agrevation.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:13 PM   #40

THOR #17453
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Let me settle this for you.
Sell your coach.

You've obviously been mislead.

Tell us why you won't sell it to get happy and then stop posting as an agrevation.
What is it that angers you old has beens about someone working through a problem and posting a solution when you couldn't?