Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #13703
Generator-Air Conditioner problem

I have a 2018 Thor Miramar 35.3 and I tried to boondock yesterday but the rear Air Conditioner would not run but the front one did. Checked the breakers but it wouldn’t help.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
What type of thermostat do you have? Is it part of a FireFly panel?

If you do have the FireFLy panel, it sounds like some of the issues I have been experiencing. See my post here about it....

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8...ues-21433.html
Old 06-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #3

THOR #13703
Firefly

Not sure what system I have but it works fine with shore power, the only problem is with the generator on
Old 06-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #4

THOR #12751
Does it look like this?

If so, it is a FireFy Panel and don't discount that it could be causing some issues with A/C control.

If the breaker is not tripped and it works fine on shore power but not on generator power..... and you can reproduce it over and over again... and it is only the rear A/C unit.... that about eliminates the transfer switch.

It would also not be a generator output issue either if it only impacts the back A/C and not the front..... unless you are trying to run both A/C's at the same time and only one will start. In that case, turn off the front A/C and see if the back A/C will start to determine if it is power output related from the generator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.38.41 AM.png
Views:	55
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	24050  
Old 06-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #5

THOR #13703
Yes it does

Yes that’s the one
Old 06-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #6

THOR #13703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Does it look like this?

If so, it is a FireFy Panel and don't discount that it could be causing some issues with A/C control.

If the breaker is not tripped and it works fine on shore power but not on generator power..... and you can reproduce it over and over again... that eliminates the transfer switch.

It would also not be a generator output issue either if it only impacts the back A/C and not the front..... unless you are trying to run both A/C's at the same time and only one will start. In that case, turn off the front A/C and see if the back A/C will start to determine if it is power output related from the generator.
I tried shutting off the front and the rear still wouldn’t run?
Old 06-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #7

THOR #12751
Then I might bet the mortgage payment it is the FireFly panel causing the issue.

Try this.....

- If shore power is present or generator is running, shut off the breaker to the Converter. If you are not on shore power or generator power, you can skip this step.

- Put the Use / Store switch in the "Store" position so there is no 12V power in the coach. The FireFly panel should be off / blank and not light up when you touch the screen.

- After waiting 30 seconds, put the Use / Store switch back to the "Use" position to restore 12v power.

- Start the generator and then try the back A/C unit. If you turned off the Converter breaker, be sure to switch it back on.

When I have had intermittent A/C control issues, rebooting the FireFly panel has corrected it every time..... at least temporarily.

If your rear A/C starts working, it is the FireFly panel causing the issue. You should then check your firmware version of the G7 panel. You should be running firmware v6.14. The version is found in the diagnostics section of the panel. If you are on and older version and it is not 6.14, you should contact the dealer about a firmware upgrade.

I have v6.14 but I am scheduled with the dealer to have my main G7 board replaced after doing some troubleshooting directly with FireFly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.59.40 AM.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	24051  
Old 06-07-2020, 08:53 PM   #8

Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: North Carolina
THOR #3325
Just an FYI on my 2016 Miramar the rear air conditioner was not wired to run of the generator.

Crazy but true.