Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
It has been 30 years since I has anything to do with the POL industry. As I remember, there are six geographical regions for gasoline formulations and two different blends per region. There are also local blending sites (usually at pipeline terminals) that have blending permits, so winter formulations have more volatility (higher Reid vapor pressure) than summer blends and higher elevations have lower volatility than lower elevations. Then there is the West Coast where everything is blended to suit California's mandates, and not to the national agreements between the major refineries. For instance, when we lived in Murray, KY our gasoline terminal was in Cottage Grove, TN. Until 2016 Cottage Grove did not have a blending permit for ethanol, so all the gasoline sold in the region was ethanol free event though the gas pumps said gasoline may contain 10% ethanol.

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #42

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
I think anything ever let a Tecumseh engine sit for a few months and then tried starting it appreciates the lack of gunk in gasoline treated with Stabil

Old Briggs were about as bad while Honda engines were forgiving

Any of you that have been on a terminal loading platform have seen all the tanks of additives for various brands of fuel

Our farm/ranch Diesel was treated for 7 preventative conditions

I have used Aerospace 303 since it came out, first on my boat then on almost everything in some fashion

On the motorhome the slide seals are migh highest use item and it goes on the tires to get the nice black
Old 11-27-2020, 10:49 PM   #43

Model: 24ft Chateau
State: Florida
THOR #9537
I learned from my mechanic also fill tank and use Stabil. I use the whole bottle that treats 80 gal he use it in his class A when stored. So far when go to start both engines they start right up.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:54 PM   #44

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by trowan View Post
Go online. Extreme Diesel has an additive for gasoline engines. This stuff is fantastic. The diesel additive is added once every 6000 miles then an EDT in a small squirt bottle. Had same problem in our boat generator. Check it out.
Is this the product you’re talking about? And you’re suggesting a periodic (6000 miles) full fill then a small squirt every fill up?

https://www.xtremediesel.com/royal-p...ner-stabilizer

Edit - I called them and selected “2” for “expert” advice. The gentleman told me that they don’t have a product for a gas engine (even though the website specifically mentions gas engines for that product.)

Please help by verifying that I’m looking at the correct product. Thank you!
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #45

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeman View Post

Stabil 360 Marine (blue) $15.99 for 10 ounce, one ounce treats 10 gallons ($0.16/gallon of fuel treated)
• America’s most trusted fuel additive brand
• Engineered to combat the effects of harsh marine climates
• Ultimate defense against the harmful effects of ethanol blended fuels
• Industry leading water removal properties
• Cleans the fuel system and ensures your engine is operating at peak performance
• Keeps fuel fresh for up to 12 months
• Ideal for boats, jet ski’s and other watersport engines
I like the idea of using the blue. I like the idea of using it for all my gas powered devices (yard tools). But on their descriptions they don’t show that it’s good for gas motors. So - can I use the blue for my gas guzzling beats? Or do I need to go with the red.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	989297E9-39AC-47FB-A757-06C39F1981AE.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	30212  
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote