Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Alabama
THOR #10222
Gfci

I知 new at this & hope someone can help I have a Thor Axis 24.1 & love it , only issue I知 having is the 2 gfci plugs above the love seat in my slide out are not working period I知 camping right now & am out of thoughts as to why the junction box behind the love seat shows no power going to plugs but the lights work any help out there Please 🙏🏻

Old 12-06-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
All of the lighting (except light IN and UNDER the microwave) is 12v... so no connection to anything 110v or GFCI.

Typically the GFCI outlet itself is located in the bathroom - protecting that outlet - and anything 'downstream' electrically. Normally includes any outlet within reach of kitchen sink, and outdoors at minimum...

Try resetting (or test/reset) the GFCI in bathroom.
Check the circuit breaker (typically in base of bed) to be sure its not tripped.
Hopefully one of those will work for you.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
You are plugged in and the other receptacles have power, right?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 PM   #4

THOR #10222
Yes all other outlets have power
Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 PM   #5

THOR #10222
Gfci

I reset the gfci plug in the bathroom did not work, I have checked all breakers & fuses below frig in panel
Old 12-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #6
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tndrea2 View Post
I reset the gfci plug in the bathroom did not work, I have checked all breakers & fuses below frig in panel
If the outlet in the bathroom has power... and all other outlets have power... and all breakers are ok (if you didn't actually flip them off/on - do that...) time to break out some tools and open things up...
Unplug first...
Might be as simple as a loose connection in the outlet box - how much you do depends on your comfort level working with electricity... but checking connections... plugging back in and checking for voltage coming into the outlet box.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #7

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
I have seen several posts about outlets in the slide not working. Apparently the wiring gets caught up in the slide mechanism and gets damaged. Otherwise, probably a wire has become disconnected and you will probably have to check the wiring on the outlets. Maybe the last one in the chain that works or the first that does not work. A voltmeter can be helpful.

As has been said, be sure to unplug the RV.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:30 AM   #8

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbear View Post
I have seen several posts about outlets in the slide not working. Apparently the wiring gets caught up in the slide mechanism and gets damaged. Otherwise, probably a wire has become disconnected and you will probably have to check the wiring on the outlets. Maybe the last one in the chain that works or the first that does not work. A voltmeter can be helpful.

As has been said, be sure to unplug the RV.
One of those posts might have been mine, as we did lose power to about half the coach after pulling the rear slide in. Fortunately it was under warrantee, dealer found a support beam under the floor of the bedroom came loose, got tangled in a part of the wiring harness and tore a bunch of the wiring apart. Shouldn't have happened, but fortunately a competent tech at the dealer and Thor took care of it.