Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Vermont
THOR #15182
Ghosts in the G7

Hello Thor community,

We are new owners of a 2019 Outlaw 37RB. Picked up our coach on April 20 from General RV in Huntley, IL. Great dealer so far and pretty happy with the pre and after sales contacts from Thor as well.

I've spent the last couple of months upgrading the batteries and adding a 960W solar array, Victron inverters and so much more. Along the way I've found and repaired a bunch of issues, none very serious. Overall, I'm quite happy with our purchase and the product delivered. You can see that they rush these through manufacture and miss some things here and there.

Now, here is the one issue I have not resolved and I'd like to find out if anyone else with a VegaTouch / G7 system in their coaches has seen this:

Randomly, some or all of the VegaTouch controlled lights, fans, slides and furnace will operate on their own. Most commonly, the lights. On several occasions, I have come home to find one or both slides opposite of how I left them. Several times the lights have been on and furnace running. When this happens, I can look at the control screen and all of the controls appear to be simultaneously pressed/active. I need to tap each to rest the condition then adjust everything back to how it should be. It doesn't seem to matter if we are running on solar/battery or shore power.

Having a fair amount of smart home/home automation experience, I believe this is caused by collisions of transmissions from the wireless keypads resulting in random events in the G7. We have seen similar things in the Insteon world.

So, is my coach haunted or are others seeing this potentially dangerous behavior as well. If so, has anyone found a solution? And for those who will ask, this condition predates my electrical upgrades.

Thanks in advance.

-Xathros
2019 Thor Outlaw 37RB
Into Our Next Chapter – Our adventures are just beginning.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:28 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
If you have a Firefly multiplex control system you may find more people suffering ghosts too, just look a little further down the forum:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ems-17555.html