Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24tt
State: Virginia
THOR #19471
Thanks for the help.
Water pressure is lower in shower, but have already replaced OEM showerhead with an oxygegenics one, and also tested with no shower head attached. Still pretty low.
It’s a new RV so wouldn’t expect Twisted line, and I wouldn’t know how to find it in any event.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #22

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
If the H2O htr fails w/o a shower head, you do have a problem that you need the dealer to address. You said 'new', so there should be warranty still?
A lot of showers are built up with the pipes underneath and may have an access panel at the bottom.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #23

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Girard GSWH-2 Tankless Water Heater Issue

I have posted as have others about construction debris in the water lines restricting flow.

I have had my strainers / flow restrictors get clogged with construction debris and restrict flow.

You may have to take off all the flow restrictor and crank up the water pressure to try and push any debris out of the lines.

You should also check the water filter.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #24

THOR #19471
Will try that as well
Thanks
Old 07-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #25

THOR #19471
New tankless cuts off

Looking for suggestions..new Girard GSWH-2 tankless in new Thor will turn on, but cuts off after a minute with no error codes. I’ve tried new water hose, updated regulator, Lowering temp, flipping on and off,all to no avail. Same problem for a few weeks on various water supplies and dry docking. Anybody think of anything to try?
Old 07-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #26

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Unscrew shower head from hose set temperature to 124degrees turn shower on full hot water only don't mix any cold.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #27

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGFairfax View Post
Looking for suggestions..new Girard GSWH-2 tankless in new Thor will turn on, but cuts off after a minute with no error codes. I’ve tried new water hose, updated regulator, Lowering temp, flipping on and off,all to no avail. Same problem for a few weeks on various water supplies and dry docking. Anybody think of anything to try?
Couple things......

How is your propane? Any issues with any of your other propane appliances? If there is a propane pressure issue, that could cause a problem.

I assume you are not mixing any cold water AND you are not turning on water at any other faucet when running the hot water.

Have you turned the power off and on at the outside unit and not just the control panel to reset the system?

You could have an actual issue with the unit but almost every problem is due to pressure and flow.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:40 PM   #28

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #23945
Girard Tankless Water Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgnorton View Post
The mystery was solved. My gas regulator was slowly dying and dropped the pressure enough that the water heater was only to heat up to 80 degrees. Thanks for all the help! Cheers!!

I am resurrecting a two year old thread.

I have the exact same problem that you started this thread about.

Thank you for letting me resurrect this topic. I just want to make sure that I understand so I can continue troubleshooting.

@JGNorton, when you wrote your gas regulator was slowly dying, were you referring to the RVs propane regulator or is there another regulator that is part of the Girard system?

Cheers,
Glenn
VA Beach
2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605

Tags
girard, gswh-2, heater, tankless, water