Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2016, 01:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger LX
State: Colorado
THOR #3922
Smile Great service!

Just a shout-out to a certain Thor Dealership in Alvarado, TX. I rolled in there yesterday around 4:30 with multiple problems, including malfunctioning wipers, a leak under the shower, malfunctioning leveling system, and a malfunctioning TV cable system. The service manager met us, and found a spot for us to park for the night. At 8 AM this morning, our technician was there. Found and repaired the leak; replaced the windshield wiper assembly; recalibrated the leveling system, and resolved my TV problem. In addition, he identified and resolved a potential problem with the primary slide-out. I was out by noon! We are now happy campers.

Not sure if I'm allowed to name dealerships on here so I didn't, but I can highly recommend these professionals.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:35 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Yes, you can share the RV service center's business name and even name any individuals that helped out above and beyond. My question is, did you purchase your RV from them or were you just traveling through Alvarado? TIA
Old 11-30-2016, 01:44 AM   #3

THOR #3922
Repairs

We did purchase our Challenger from MHSRV. We are currently on our first real trip, from Colorado Springs to Florida for the winter. We had noticed a small leak coming from under the shower, and since we were seeking warmer weather, decided to swing South to I-20 and on the way, get the leak fixed. Between Amarillo and Alvarado, the wipers died. I called up the service department and told them I now had a bigger priority. The service manager (Tim) called me back, and told me he could fit it in. Then he asked if I had any other problems. I told him about my leveling issue and the TV problem. He said they would take care of us. Tony was my technician. Sharp guy. Granted, I was lucky they had the wiper assembly in stock, but also very happy with the services they provided.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
I live about 4 hours away from MHSRV and visited them a couple of times but decided to purchase from Total Value RV in Elkhart, Indiana; I wanted to be the one putting the initial miles on my coach from the factory. I am glad you had a great experience and hope you enjoy our new coach. I would love to see more Challenger owners get together as we travel around. Hopefully you are on RVillage.com and we could keep in touch.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:47 AM   #5

THOR #3922
I tried to join RVillage but their software needs some work. Tried to load several times but for one, the font is too small on my phone, and it wouldn't expand. Second, it just kept kicking me out.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
We bought our coach from MHSRV, get pre-delivery walk thru. One week after purchasing the rear AC was blowing hot air. I called and spoke to Tim in service, he said as soon as I could bring it in they would take care of the problem. Tim was true to his word, I was in the service department about one hour, bad freeze sensor replaced, on my way. Glad I purchased from MSHRV.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #7

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Great to hear of a Thor dealer taking care of repairs!
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
If we get good service we should say the dealer, if we get bad we should say the dealer. Fair is fair and there are good dealers out there. Happy Travels to all.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
If we get good service we should say the dealer, if we get bad we should say the dealer. Fair is fair and there are good dealers out there. Happy Travels to all.
I totally agree with you...reward the good and punish the bad. It helps us all.

Tags
challenger, wipers