Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2022, 03:13 PM   #1

Brand: Keystone
State: Ohio
THOR #25713
gswh-2 no water

Hello, I've been a looked for a while. Usually able to find all the info I've been juat skimming the site, but this morning I woke up to a problem I can't find a solution to. And im sure this is problem is my own fault.

I bought my ceder creek 38ck2 mid 2019, for my traveling job, it was abused pretty bad and never maintained the proper ways. Had a lot of work to do, considering it was a 2018 model.

One of the things I had to replace was my water heater, so I installed a gswh-2 , in which I hadn't had any issues with until this morning. I woke up to absolutely no water pressure out of the hot water. But my cold water works just fine. I turned the heater off and back on while watching it. It does fire up for a few seconds then turns off. But it's getting no water seems like. The water heater switch doesn't even show a code.

Now I will say, I am living in it currently, in Southern WV, where it is absolutely freezing right now. But I have been here since last winter with no issues. I see no lines froze up. I do keep a heater in the underbelly that has kept it at a solid 55, and it hasn't dropped under 70 inside the camper. The unit is also skirted. I have full hookups besides for my propane. My main water line is also good.

Anyone have any ideas what I should do? And what I possibly did wrong to cause the issue?

Old 01-08-2022, 03:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
The only reason for water to not flow (with no operator intervention, like turning isolation valves) is an obstruction either going into or out of the water heater.

A sudden lack of flow in your climate could certainly be due to a frozen section of line.

A gradual decrease in flow over time until it stops could be due to lime/mineral/corrosion buildup in the water heater or at a valve.

No simple answers (unless it starts flowing again once ambient temperature rises above freezing during the day). To troubleshoot will require getting dirty and disconnecting pipe junctions to determine where water can flow and where it can't.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 04:18 PM   #3

Brand: Keystone
State: Ohio
THOR #25713
Thanks, the freeze up of a line is the only thing I can possibly think of myself, just can't understand where the line is that froze, since it stays so warm in the underbelly and my cold line didn't freeze. Everything was working good last night before I went to bed.

Tags
gswh-2, nowater, tankless, water, winter