Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
So we went to pickup the coach from storage and discovered a hairline crack in the windshield. Its about a foot long starting at the seal and moving straight down to just slightly past the transition line. Its about a foot in from the side, almost inline with the center of the steering wheel.. Any ideas on what happened here? I don't recall it being there when we dropped it off and we cannot see any impact marks. Would this be a warrenty item? A stress crack? We have had the coach for around 5 months. Its odd that it is so straight. Should we drive it like this? We have a trip planned for this weekend?
Matters more what you do about it that what caused it.....lots of things...heat, expansion, stone, who knows and doesn't matter. Many states provide new windshields with no deductible. Get it fixed and make sure the guy gets the gasket sealed on the new one or it will leak.DOn't drive yourself crazy
trying to figure out what causes this stuff.....we all know....sh.......happens.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #22

Model: Delano 24TT
State: Texas
THOR #19066
We have a 2020 Thor Delano 24 TT with what sounds like a similar problem. While at a Mercedes Benz Dealer correcting a recall issue the service manager commented about the crack as he was reading the VIN no. The crack is very near the VIN and is about four inches long. No sign of a hit. Could this be a stress crack? The unit is new and has only been driven from the dealer to our storage building. It has not been on any trips...
Old 09-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #23

State: Illinois
THOR #17261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
So we went to pickup the coach from storage and discovered a hairline crack in the windshield. Its about a foot long starting at the seal and moving straight down to just slightly past the transition line. Its about a foot in from the side, almost inline with the center of the steering wheel.. Any ideas on what happened here? I don't recall it being there when we dropped it off and we cannot see any impact marks. Would this be a warrenty item? A stress crack? We have had the coach for around 5 months. Its odd that it is so straight. Should we drive it like this? We have a trip planned for this weekend?
Same thing happened to us and it wasn’t covered under warranty. The crack started just like you say, at the top in our case, and kept growing while we waited to see if Thor would cover it under warranty. We had to file a claim with our insurance (we had glass coverage) and got the windshield replaced.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:25 PM   #24

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I would have stop drilled the crack, filed a warranty claim and then used the coach until the dealer had the windscreen in stock. I'd bet there are tons of Rvs cruising the highway with cracked windscreens.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #25

Model: Infinity
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12753
We just replaced ours. It started about 2 inches but over the winter it spread to about a two foot crack and they couldn’t inspect it so we went through the insurance and paid the $500 deductible we have a new passenger side windshield. But the first windshield they sent was destroyed in transit and had to wait about five more days for the second replacement windshield. So don’t think it will be a couple of days process.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:07 AM   #26

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Just to update this thread, we had our windshield replaced last week. It took a bit longer than planned as the first windshield shipped arrived cracked.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to see that you got it replaced (finally! )
Were you able to take it on your trip?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:35 PM   #28

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Yes, it was ready the day we were leaving. Its funny, but I actually think it is quieter going down the road now.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1604497320
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awesome.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	27018  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:16 PM   #30

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Glad things worked out and you were able to go on your trip.

Paul