Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #13332
Thor Challenger Help

Always something! What did I or didn't I do. We have had RV for a year now you would think I would of figured things out by now.

Dumped septic Thurs. Took off Fri for campground and hooked up as usual to campground water and septic. Used stool during nite and flushed. Went to bed and pump wouldn't shut off. So I thought. So being the genius that I am said fix it in the morning got up and shut pump off. Woke up and felt like I was in the titanic. Water all over the place. Water filled the septic. What did I or didn't I do.? from wife.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
If you were hooked up to city water why was the pump ON? If you were hooked to city water and had the pump turned on and it continuously runs THAT should be an indication of a "can't wait" problem.

So the pressing question is: Where did the water come from?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #3

THOR #13332
That's what I can't figure out. I have pump on now and no problem but we are hooked up to city. Puzzled?
Old 08-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driley43 View Post
That's what I can't figure out. I have pump on now and no problem but we are hooked up to city. Puzzled?
Yes, I am puzzled. Why do you have the pump turned on when you are connected to city water?

The pump is only used to supply water from your fresh water holding tank. There is no need for it to be on when connected to city water.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
How did your 'septic' tanks fill?
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:00 PM   #6

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Sounds to me like the toilet valve never shut shore (or pump if turned on) water off after the fateful flush and filled the bowl to overflow. If your toilet seal is good how else would the black tank overfill and overflow......are you sure the black tank is actually full and that the toilet did not just overflow? I would also expect if the toilet flush valve is failing you would still see water filling the bowl unless maybe the flush valve had a plastic bit in the valve seal which has now cleared.....so no more valve problem.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:29 PM   #7

THOR #13332
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Sounds to me like the toilet valve never shut shore (or pump if turned on) water off after the fateful flush and filled the bowl to overflow. If your toilet seal is good how else would the black tank overfill and overflow......are you sure the black tank is actually full and that the toilet did not just overflow? I would also expect if the toilet flush valve is failing you would still see water filling the bowl unless maybe the flush valve had a plastic bit in the valve seal which has now cleared.....so no more valve problem.
I understand what you are saying. Just have never shut pump off when connected to shore power because on panel where I hook water up I have always done the bypass. This has been an RV adventure for sure. If it weren't for this site I would know nothing and I thank you for that as I have never been shown anything except what I read here or in the manual which I would like to burn sometimes. Thanks again.