Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #7077
Dash Vents Very Little Air

Axis 24.1
I have a problem with my a/c and heater fan. When I turn the fan on high, it still is coming out very slow, no high setting.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Old 05-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
THOR #5560
Make sure that all the vent hoses are attached properly. There have been instances where they were not hooked up right from the factory.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #3

State: Illinois
THOR #7077
Thanks, I'll check tonight !
Old 05-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Also look under the hood at the two intake pipes to the left top of the radiator--make sure they aren't kinked or blocked.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #7520
I just had the blend door actuator replaced. I had air coming out the defroster vents, but nothing out the dash. Part had to ordered from Ford and Camping World replaced it. It is the part that switches between the defroster and the dash vents.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #6

Model: 2017 Citation 24SR
THOR #7515
Also, check fuses. As I recall it, the high setting on some vans are fused separately and some fans are multi-stage, where one stage can fail, while others still work.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #7

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
All good suggestions, would add that if all that checks out, it might be a bad switch. Please report back what you find out!
Old 05-17-2017, 01:52 AM   #8

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamama61 View Post
I just had the blend door actuator replaced. I had air coming out the defroster vents, but nothing out the dash. Part had to ordered from Ford and Camping World replaced it. It is the part that switches between the defroster and the dash vents.
Mine were connected incorrect - SURPRISE! The floor and A/V vents were backwards - simple fix!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #9

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3609
So I fired up the coach and the dash air coming mostly out of the defroster. Worked fine last use 3 weeks ago. I did find evidence of mice under the hood! Those little bastards!! I'm assuming that ate a wire or something. Or did my Actuator Blend door all of sudden quit working? Or possible Fuse?
Thoughts?
I hate to take all the way to New Braunfuls Camping World just for that.
I guess I'll ask our local Rv dealers if they will work on a Thor, none in Austin, TX.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
So I fired up the coach and the dash air coming mostly out of the defroster. Worked fine last use 3 weeks ago. I did find evidence of mice under the hood! Those little bastards!! I'm assuming that ate a wire or something. Or did my Actuator Blend door all of sudden quit working? Or possible Fuse?
Thoughts?
I hate to take all the way to New Braunfuls Camping World just for that.
I guess I'll ask our local Rv dealers if they will work on a Thor, none in Austin, TX.
There was a recall by Thor for this problem. I had the same thing happen to my 2014 Vegas and if turned out that the mechanism that caused the flap in the box under the dash on the passenger side failed, leaving that flap in the position where all the air came out of the defroster. I was in the middle of the woods in Alaska so I took the box apart and physically moved the flap so that the air came thru the vents. Then I did not have any defrost, but that was better than no A/C or heat. When I got home I contacted Thor and since it was out of warrantee, they wouldn't even talk to me. About 6 months later, they were forced to recall some 2015 models for the same issue because it was a safety hazard to not have a defrost capability. I went back to Thor and said that if it was a safety problem for the 2015s why was it not a safety issue for my 2014. Their position was that it was a different switch that was not covered by the recall - period. If I were you, I would look up that recall and see if your coach was listed. You still might be able to get if fixed under the recall.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #11
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
you might, also, check for faulty dials/knobs on the front ... last summer we had an issue with our a/c and while driving down the road trying to figure out what might be wrong...I pulled off the knob and found the brittle pastic enclosing the metal apparatus to the a/c had fallen apart. We super glued them, both, together and all is well.

I hope your fix is that simple
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote