Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2021, 03:10 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #16474
2019 Thor Aria

This bus has been in the shop more days than I have been on trips. Right now with only 15000 miles the bedroom slide is rotted out due to no caulking and poor installation alignment. The slide in the living area leaks like a sieve. Thor won't let me return it for factory repairs but finally agreed to send my dealer the parts but I have to pay the labor!!! Needless to say we will make the repairs and sell the bus. I have wanted to make this post for a while but wanted to see if Thor would step to the plate and take responsibility for poor quality. I will never get a bus with electric slides...only hydraulic if at all.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:27 AM   #22

Model: 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3385
Typical Thor products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Typical Thor construction practice. Duck tape and bubble gum would be an improvement.
I know the anguish we all experience with faulty workmanship from Thor but really...it is every RV manufacturer. I tell anyone buying an RV not to expect much no matter who built it or how much it cost. Thats why i like this site. You become an rv owner , you never start out as one. Thanks for everyones insight and experiences.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:44 PM   #23

State: Kansas
THOR #12311
Loose trim

Gorilla glue on self tapping screws just about everywhere
Old 10-06-2021, 12:11 AM   #24

State: Oregon
THOR #22799
Held together with Duct Tape and Bubble Gum?

The biggest issue with the assemblers in production work is they are thinking about the new girlfriend or the game tonight or the cold beer in the fridge at home. Not the company's reputation or the quality of their work. There is no pride anymore. There is way too much "that's good enough" and it saddens me when I think about the future. It's just going to get worse. When fixing some of my coaches issues, I have found screwdrivers, a lot of dropped screws and area's that the glue gun just ran out and they called it good. Bunch of hacks for the most part.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:54 AM   #25

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dona40 View Post
The biggest issue with the assemblers in production work is they are thinking about the new girlfriend or the game tonight or the cold beer in the fridge at home. Not the company's reputation or the quality of their work. There is no pride anymore. There is way too much "that's good enough" and it saddens me when I think about the future. It's just going to get worse. When fixing some of my coaches issues, I have found screwdrivers, a lot of dropped screws and area's that the glue gun just ran out and they called it good. Bunch of hacks for the most part.
The reason kids grow up to become irresponsible adults (or just NEVER "grow up") is because the PARENTS were never held responsible for the actions of their children.

Likewise... The reason motorhome manufacturers produce poorly assembled products - and allow them to be sold - is because the PRINCIPAL OWNERS (you know, like the parents) ALLOW it. PERIOD. The owners (parents) are ultimately and totally responsible.

Like I've said before... blaming the "careless worker" is EXACTLY like blaming the screaming three-year-old in the grocery store.