Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #14401
Hello again RV Family,

Well,
One would think my rookie days would be over, but clearly not. We have been owners of our baby Blue ThorVegas 2018, 25.3 since last September and we can count on one hand how many times we have taken her out on trips and to the shop (still counting) on two hands and believe this still waiting on parts supposedly from THOR/Vendor😟😒😞😔......

Nonetheless, couple questions, how and where would I find vendors information for the entire tinted window assembly forth entrance door? Second, where is the drain plug to drain the fresh water tank and third, is there a booklet out there that states how to remove and replace the HDMI CABLE from inside the cabinet/wall above the sink near the television over the entrance door?

I know, lots of questions, I am so fed up relying on a shop, I rather do it myself!!!! Thank you all and have a superb bless day and weekend😂😁😆😋🤩

Old 10-04-2019, 02:57 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Please tell us the repairs you had done and why the multiple trips,and how your phone call to Thor went when you asked them questions and what parts you're waiting for, and what the plan is for the hdmi cable.

A picture of the tank will allow us to see what's in the way of your view that is blocking you seeing the drain.

There are alternatives. Whatever your plan is, and the parts are, and what you were told will allow us to address specific problems with not only specific fixes, but alternatives we've discovered/designed.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Sorry to hear that you've had to endure of bunch of issues...
As far as the freshwater drain and the HDMI cable: you could try giving Thor a call for those questions...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
If you only are replacing the old HDMI cable you should be able to tape the new cable to the old and pull it back thru to the other end.
Tip if you smooth out the edge of the connector with tape to make it slide thru holes, your life will be easier
Old 10-07-2019, 01:34 AM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
The learning process never ends! Suggest you call Thor customer service with your VIN and ask for ALL the schematics. If you can find the fresh water tank, the drain is probably right next to it and goes right through the floor. You might find it if you crawl underneath and look for a small white tube hanging straight down. That's probably it.

Are you trying to replace the entry door window with a clear one? If that's it, try your local glass shops.