Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2021, 12:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #23089
No Air Reception on TVs

We own a 2017 Thor Motorcoach 37YT and both batteries in the 12 volt system went bad and were replaced. Now the TV cannot acquire signal over air. I have checked all cable connections and they are fine. Any suggestions??

Old 05-24-2021, 02:38 AM   #2

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Turn the Antenna booster on, green light on for antenna off for cable,
Old 05-24-2021, 03:22 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Green Light little button hidden in some cabinet. Mine in the kitchen cabinet
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:06 AM   #4

THOR #23089
I had this problem in my fith whell with the green/red ligjt. I have a monoprice switch in my motorhome and no signal
Old 05-27-2021, 12:34 AM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKD View Post
I had this problem in my fith whell with the green/red ligjt. I have a monoprice switch in my motorhome and no signal
So what does your Monoprice switch do? Switch cable inputs? Switch HDMI inputs/outputs? Mon0price is a company - they make all kinds of electronic products.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:00 AM   #6

THOR #23089
The Monoprice system has 4 HDMI outputs with 3 of the outputs filled to our three TVs. I have unplugged, powered off? Switched on and off and still nothing. There is no green/red button behind any of the TVS. Everything worked fine before I changed the batteries out.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:11 AM   #7

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #22490
Quote:
The Monoprice system has 4 HDMI outputs with 3 of the outputs filled to our three TVs. I have unplugged, powered off? Switched on and off and still nothing. There is no green/red button behind any of the TVS. Everything worked fine before I changed the batteries out.
Those are the supplies for routing your DVD/Roku or other inputs to your TVs.
The OTA and cable signals are fed through coax cables.

Look at where that box plugs into the 110V and you may see the coax wall panel that others have referred to. Push the button in and the LED should light green to show you are connected for OTA signal, press again and the LED goes out for cable feed.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:11 AM   #8

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Read posts #2/3
Old 05-28-2021, 02:27 AM   #9
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
It has nothing to do with your OTA problem. Follow the Coax cable from the TV that is closest to the Antenna location. Also look in side and to the side in all overhead cabinets.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:36 AM   #10

Model: Compass TR23
State: California
THOR #5842
Cable/antenna switch

My switch is located above the fridge in a storage bin. Look for a cable F connector with no coax attached. Button is on the wall plate.
That’s how Thor does it.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:24 AM   #11

State: Colorado
THOR #7034
Digital to Analog Converter Needed

We also had a problem picking up over the air TV Channels in our 2017 Axis 24.1. It turns out that the TVs Thor installed would only pickup analog signals. They worked fine when we first purchased the Motorhome but, after most TV broadcasting stations changed to digital (in 2019 I believe) we could not pick up any channels over the air. We purchased a fairly inexpensive digital converter box through Amazon ($29.99) and now can pickup a wide variety of channels when in or near larger metropolitan areas.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-06-2021, 01:06 PM   #12
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in Colorado View Post
We also had a problem picking up over the air TV Channels in our 2017 Axis 24.1. It turns out that the TVs Thor installed would only pickup analog signals. They worked fine when we first purchased the Motorhome but, after most TV broadcasting stations changed to digital (in 2019 I believe) we could not pick up any channels over the air. We purchased a fairly inexpensive digital converter box through Amazon ($29.99) and now can pickup a wide variety of channels when in or near larger metropolitan areas.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm glad that resolved your problem but digital OTA TV (ATSC) has been mandated in the US since 2009 and your TVs definitely have ATSC tuners. Maybe they went bad?

The real problem people have had with some of the SEIKI TVs is the inability to tune digital CABLE TV signals.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:16 PM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Not all of the antenna booster switches have the red or green light; mine has no light, and I only found it by feel. It was well hidden behind the coax fitting. Also not all have the 12 volt "cigarette lighter" socket like this photo has.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-05.png
Views:	30
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	31161  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #14

State: Colorado
THOR #7034
Digital signals might have been mandated in 2009 but, they were not put in place and did not change our ability to receive over the air TV with the the stock Seika TV (in the COS, Santa Fe, NM, etc.) till 2018 or so. Biggest problem with using the converter we got as it only connects to one TV at a time through the HDMI port.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:52 PM   #15
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in Colorado View Post
Digital signals might have been mandated in 2009 but, they were not put in place and did not change our ability to receive over the air TV with the the stock Seika TV (in the COS, Santa Fe, NM, etc.) till 2018 or so. Biggest problem with using the converter we got as it only connects to one TV at a time through the HDMI port.
Because your stock Seiki TV HAS a digital (ATSC) tuner.
Analog TV was channels 2-13 (VHF) and 14-83 (UHF).
Digital channels have multiples assigned to the same channel number such as 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 or 6-1, 6-2, 6-3.

BUT, if you only use your coach in one area and you haven't done a channel scan recently you may have lost some/many/all of your previous channels due to recent FCC frequency realignments. Once upon a time the channel number correlated to a frequency for that channel - not any longer - the channel number is a virtual channel and the frequency can be any of the FCC allocated frequencies.

So maybe you used to get channel 24.1 on it's home frequency of 530 MHz in the UHF band. It may have been re-aligned to use the 210 MHz band but part of it's digital signal tells the receiver it is to be identified by the virtual channel number 24.1, not the channel normally assigned to the 210 MHz band.

Or, as i said before: maybe your tuner failed.