Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2019, 04:14 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
That's about like the Guage I use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NC...b_b_asin_image

Certifies on my dive equipment as correct at 120psi. But at a $15 retail price... I probably just got lucky.

I like it because it's big and stabs onto a valve stem like a knife.
(I painted it florescent orange with tulip plastic paint. It blends in too well at twilight and I was having to scan to find it when it was black. Now it catches my eye.)
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/sho...&postcount=105

Old 12-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #22

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
Hi Duckface; I bought that exact model & am charging it now to see what it will do. I remembered you had recommended it earlier. I tried it with a partial charge a little while ago & only managed to drop another 8 psi down. Checking with the SPs (in this case) at the gate is definitely on my list for how to bring in help. Thanks for the quick reply & I'll let you know how well the Ryobi does once I've charged it fully per the directions I managed to skip over...
So how did the Ryobi compressor work for you? I might be interested in one if it actually works good.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #23

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Also:

Don't expect your tpms to be within better than five pounds or so of your Guage.

It's a religion on this forum to chase psi to the ounce.
The tpms is a warning device. It warned you of the 38psi.
It is not a tire pressure Guage.
Mine is off by five pounds. To some here that would be the end of the world and they'd sell their rv.

I know it's off five pounds. I'm looking for a differential between tires as a warning, not a confirmation of my exact tire pressure.
Exactly. My 2 gauges read 100psi. When I put in the tire minders they all read up to 5 lb different. Had me chasing my tail till I resolved to the fact that these were just to alarm on differences...
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:00 PM   #24

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Not sure what TPMS the OP has but the Tire Minder is accurate to plus or minus 3 percent. Tire Minder's pressure gauges are accurate to within plus or minus 1 pound. Not sure you can find anything more accurate. I will tell you they are pricey. You will not get one of their gauges for 5 or 10 dollars.

This is the gauge I use

https://www.amazon.com/TireMinder-Pr...950277&sr=8-16

I don't work for them but have used their products with great results for years.

BTW, personal decision for me was not to use pass through sensors even though they are available for my TPMS. When I get my valve stem extensions installed in a couple of weeks I may re-evaluate that decision.
Dave, I need valve extension for my front tires. Can you tell me what you decided on? Thanks
Old 12-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #25
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Dave, I need valve extension for my front tires. Can you tell me what you decided on? Thanks
I’m having braided lines put on my inner duals, that’s all. I don’t need extensions up front.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:20 PM   #26

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Thx. My tire is still holding after refilling. I'll get it checked for the slow leak once I pull up stakes again from this famcamp. I'm happy w/my RVi purchase so far, but wish they'd had the pass through options others are talking about, for the convenience in filling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
Exactly. My 2 gauges read 100psi. When I put in the tire minders they all read up to 5 lb different. Had me chasing my tail till I resolved to the fact that these were just to alarm on differences...