Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2017, 03:30 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Arkansas
THOR #6634
Verdict is in

Verdict is in. At the dealership they told me that the E05 OL error had indicated an overload situation and something about a redundancy error. They said it looked like the "pass through breaker" had tripped on the inverter.
They said it could be repaired but it would have to be sent in for the work and they didn't have anything in their parts inventory to replace it with. After some discussion with first the parts manager, then the general manager they agreed to try to find the part locally. When that didn't pan out, they went to the trouble to pull the needed part from a new Hurricane, the only other Thor product they had in inventory. Long and short of it is that they went far above and beyond the call of duty to get me back on the road. I never fully understood the problem but the solution is clear and I appreciate the extra effort. Thanks again to the excellent staff at Camping World of North Little Rock. Tonight I've got lights from my batteries and for the first time I'm really beginning to enjoy the RV.
Let's hit the road! I'm ready to camp!

Old 03-05-2017, 03:35 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Great to hear. Camping World is often maligned (and I am not saying that it is not warranted in some cases) but I have had decent service from them in Florida. Hope that is the last major problem that you have with your coach. Get out there and enjoy it!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
It's nice to hear that you had a good experience getting your RV repaired. Pulling a part for an inventory-vehicle was very generous of them. Happy camping.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #24

State: Massachusetts
THOR #2883
no battery power

We have no battery power Was plugged in and it was fine.
The in use switch doesn't seem to work on or off.
Help
In USE switch doesn't seem to work
Old 04-25-2017, 01:17 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Need more information.
Are your coach batteries charged?
Do you have power with the generator running.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #26

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasatrvl View Post
We have no battery power Was plugged in and it was fine.
The in use switch doesn't seem to work on or off.
Help
In USE switch doesn't seem to work
Could be the circuit breaker in the BCC. didn't notice which coach you have but in the class A's it is on the driver side engine wall accessible from the front hood. This breaker controls all 12v circuitry.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #27

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #4234
12 Volt Battery now working and Surge Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Have you checked the 50 amp breaker in the coach battery box? It has a red or yellow button and red or yellow "flag" shows if it is tripped. You push the flag back in so it does not show to reset it. Could have happened when the power went out. In my Axis it is on the left hand side of the batter box, way in the back. Also check your store/use switch to make sure it did not trip. Same thing happened to me years ago and it was the breaker.
Thanks Oneilkeys for the answer to my problem and Moondoggie for presenting the problem. I had (until a moment ago) the same problem Moondoggie had except for the ginny problem. Could not run the 12 volt system, showed nothing for batteries etc on panel and was about to take to a local RV repair shop, even though still under warranty (It would take weeks at a Thor dealership!).

I finally figured out where the 50 amp breaker is located (duh) by your description and pushed the red button it (don't know if it moved) and also tried to move the yellow flag thingie away from me. My 12 volt system is now working.

I agree with having a surge protector. I use a Progressive $80+ dollar one at the 30 amp posts, and I know it must have saved me while in Florida. Take a look at the surge protector! Blew out due to storms or bad voltage at some RV parks, or both. The surge part no longer worked. Recently bought a new surge protector from Amazon. Will not plug-in without one.

This forum is invaluable. I do have a problem searching for specifics but really good. Also, Thanks to Ed Felker for his must have Axis-Vegas manual, and to those who link to it online.
~debbie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30amp.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	4771  
Old 09-25-2019, 05:34 PM   #28
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
Help!?!
We're having the same problem with our thor freedom elite 30fe. We have checked all the fuses etc. No power unless hooked to land line. We talked to thor and they said to look for the reset box near the battery. We put it up on blocks and crawled under. If there's a reset in there somewhere it is VERY well hidden! We have 2 batteries so didnt know if that would make a difference in location?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Traveling looking for rv repair services as we speak. Why does it always happen when you're in the middle of nowhere 😱
Thanks!
Old 09-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Are your batteries located under the entry steps?
That's where they were in my Outlaw, and the circuit breaker was located on the outside edge of the steps. (On the rear side of the box that the steps were in)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:51 PM   #30
Cpd

THOR #14097
That's where they are. But as I said we crawled under and couldn't find it. Touched all surfaces...our steps dont fold or anything
Old 09-25-2019, 06:19 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It might be best to give Thor a call, and see if they'll give you a hint...
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #32
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpd View Post
Help!?!
We're having the same problem with our thor freedom elite 30fe. We have checked all the fuses etc. No power unless hooked to land line. We talked to thor and they said to look for the reset box near the battery. We put it up on blocks and crawled under. If there's a reset in there somewhere it is VERY well hidden! We have 2 batteries so didnt know if that would make a difference in location?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Traveling looking for rv repair services as we speak. Why does it always happen when you're in the middle of nowhere 😱
Thanks!
Is the USE/STORE switch in USE?
What is the voltage measured at your batteries when plugged into shore power and when not plugged into shore power
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #33
Cpd

THOR #14097
Use/store?? Is that the main power button? If so it's not lighting up as usual.
The batteries show full
Old 09-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #34

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #2878
Try starting your engine on the motorhome, let run a little while and see if the use store switch works then.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:53 PM   #35
Cpd

THOR #14097
Weve actually been driving for about an hour. Stopped to look once again for that reset box...nothing.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #36
Cpd

THOR #14097
Thanks Bob. We were on the phone with them first thing today. They sent pics of what it was etc. The guy we talked to is contacting ford. Hes dumbfounded
Old 09-26-2019, 12:09 AM   #37

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Going back to Moondoggie's original problem. In post#21 he said the dealer isolated the problem to the pass through breaker in the inverter. When they eventually fixed that, his problem was fixed. But lots of folks with power problems don't have inverters. With some of these problems related to an overnight storm, the 50 amp breaker near the batteries is always the best first place to check.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:28 AM   #38
Cpd

THOR #14097
We checked that...giving up and having it looked at. Thor called Ford and they said the rest may be under the bed- got our Hope's up- not there.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:32 AM   #39

State: California
THOR #3186
Inverters supply 120v AC power to your coach via a 12v DC source and have nothing to do with 12v DC other than using it. Converters take 120AC and convert to 12v DC. When you are plugged into shore power 120v AC the converter will supply the 12v DC power. A 12v breaker has to be close to your batteries, by law. Find the red wire attached to the 12v battery and trace it to the fuse, it may be a relay. The other major connection has to do with the BCC, it will be located in a cigar shaped and sized rectangular box on your firewall, under the hood. It has a reset button. Push it.

The 12v red line ends up in your power panel. This panel contains both the 120v AC circuits and fuse relays and the 12V DC circuits and fuses and relays. These may be a main 30 amp fuse, see if it is blown. Make sure connections are tight. If you don’t have 12v here then it is between there and the batteries.
Ford as far as I know does not make the coach, Thor does. Trace the problem from the batteries - the source to the user point with a simple 12v lamp circuit tester.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #40
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Is the USE/STORE switch in USE?
What is the voltage measured at your batteries when plugged into shore power and when not plugged into shore power
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, electricity, power