Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Washington
THOR #14257
Motor number two!

Well, it happened again. Went to go put my slide out and the back did not go out nearly as much as the front everything stopped and I had to replace the back motor. Twice that has been the symptom, try to put the slide out, one side goes out farther than the other side. The one that doesn't go out as far as the weak one. Swap-out took about an hour this time as opposed to 3 hours last time. Fortunately 2014 and newer I believe has a cut out on the inside frame so you can get to the motor and swap it out fairly quickly. There is one motor retaining screw on the outside of the RV. Just pull off the rubber liner. The trick as usual again is to make sure you have the motor shaft lined up. This takes 12 volt supply to the connector on the motor to make it the same as the motor that came out. All the best you guys!