Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Here are the 2 values on the rear duals..are these long enough for the caps of monitoring systems?
If your fingers can twist them on they are long enough

Old 05-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #42

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I bought this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210513_182758.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	30509  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:20 PM   #43

THOR #20274
Nice display
Old 05-16-2021, 01:10 AM   #44

Model: FreedomElite 24FE
State: Colorado
THOR #17183
Using this system and VERY happy with it.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B082QJG2...roduct_details
Old 05-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #45

Model: Chateau
State: Arizona
THOR #20670
EEZTire - TPMS Real Time system which comes with a 3 year warranty from a US based company. I use this system with steel extenders and LocTite without any problems. Go to an RV or fleet tire store to buy the extenders. Some extenders bought on-line are not as good as those used on fleet vehicles.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #46

State: Minnesota
THOR #19096
Mercedes TPMS Problem

I have a 2019 Mercedes 3500 Sprinter chassis under a THOR 24RW Delano. Mercedes purposely deleted their very fine factory installed TPMS from all theses chassis as they sell most of them to fleets, not RV builders. They claim fleet managers would not pay for them and our good old US government does not require them as they are not classified as “passenger” vehicles. The valve stems will not support any TPMS monitors as they are too weak. You may be able to get a fleet tire shop to replace all 6 valve stems and install a TPMS, but it will be very expensive and hard to locate a shop capable and willing to do the work. They also do not want the liability issues. I am very disappointed in Mercedes and have raised numerous complaints to no avail. On another matter, for vehicles other than Mercedes beware of TPMS monitors that have to be removed to adjust the tire pressure. It is a real pain, especially if they have locking, theft prevention features. It make a simple task very time consuming, especially in bad weather.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:35 PM   #47

THOR #20220
good luck mercedes folks. i am glad i found this chat. just while i was looking for tpms..my brother in his motorhome far way had a tire go to zero!! it used our battery operated pump to get air in and get to a station. He & wifewas PISSED he did not get a tpms.
His stem value leaked. he begged me for the one i ordered. I installed mine and will see how things go but many folks here convinced me it is crazy to drive without one ..especially without a spare. Thanks all
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 05-17-2021, 03:50 PM   #48

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaming John View Post
On another matter, for vehicles other than Mercedes beware of TPMS monitors that have to be removed to adjust the tire pressure. It is a real pain, especially if they have locking, theft prevention features. It make a simple task very time consuming, especially in bad weather.
The very simple solution to this (which I did) is to not install the locking rings. Just screw the sensors on. Taking them back off again is very easy and quick without the locking rings.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #49

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
The very simple solution to this (which I did) is to not install the locking rings. Just screw the sensors on. Taking them back off again is very easy and quick without the locking rings.
I remember years ago I had the valve caps that showed the air pressure in the tires. I looked out the window and saw 3 kids removing all the caps. I couldn't get out of the building quick enough to catch them. I think most replacements are 70 dollars and up for one, I'll be using the locking nuts on mine. It only takes a second to give the nut a quarter turn and remove the sensor. I even made an extra wrench, I found the right size and gave it a shot of mapp gas and bent the wrench just like the one it comes with
Old 05-17-2021, 05:58 PM   #50

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I have used TireMinder systems for years and do not use the locking rings. I just unscrew the senders to add air. It’s easier than not having senders at all since the senders are larger and easier to handle. Replacements cost about$35 but I’ve never lost one. I usually do remove them for long periods of storage though.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:00 PM   #51

THOR #20220
@Bill Johnson - yeap put locking nuts on all wheels since lots of things being stolen and will somehow make and extra wrench!! "- I even made an extra wrench"
Old 05-17-2021, 09:23 PM   #52

THOR #20274