Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2021, 02:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Help tire monitoring system

Has anyone used this one or any solar systems?

Why rear and not front tires?

Any reasonable systems some are over $200?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210509-084623_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	30357  

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #2

THOR #20220
Check this out at Amazon
Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode, Tire Position Exchange, with 4 External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CP3PB...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 05-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #3

THOR #20220
Looks like cars only..let me check or suggestions welcome
Old 05-09-2021, 03:09 PM   #4

THOR #20220
Anyone use this?

Check this out at Amazon
RV Tire Pressure Monitoring System, RV TPMS, 6 Sensors, 7 Alarm Modes, 14 Days Battery Life, 80ft Sensing Distance, Large Screen, for RV, Trailer, Coach, Motor Home, Fifth Wheel, (0-188psi) (-4~ 185℉) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086V1ZH4W...JZ62ANPSTGX1PM
Old 05-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I installed the Tymate 6 sensor system (also available on Amazon) a few months ago. In order to install the sensors on the dually wheels I also bought four short 1-1/4" tire stem extensions.

The Tymate sensors are not particularly accurate. After carefully pumping the fronts to 75 psi and the rears to 65 psi per Thor's sticker the Tymate showed the fronts as 71 and 77 and the rears as 63 to 70. It got worse as they heated up.

But a tire management system is to give a warning if one gets too low and I just set the low and high limit broad enough so I don't get spurious alarms.

The Tymate 6 sensor module has two screens that alternate, one for the four inner tires and another for the outside rear duallies. The solar charger works so well that i just leave it on the dash and forget about charging. It is always charged up even though the front points north so it gets little direct sun. Indirect is fine.

All in all, I like it.

David
Old 05-09-2021, 06:39 PM   #6

THOR #20220
Thx

Check this out at Amazon
Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System for RV Trailer - Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode, Tire Position Exchange, with 6 External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi) and A Repeater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PP55QF9...TTPD02ZSFCNNTG
Old 05-09-2021, 06:44 PM   #7

THOR #20220
Will check reviews

DO NOT BUY IF USIBG WITH SPRINTER 3500

Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2020

DO NOT BUY this product if you are using valve extenders on dual back tires. I have a Mercedes Sprinter 3500 Winnebago ERA RV and used these on one 2,100 mile trip and both inside back tires went completely flat in the trip back... COSTING me two new tires, install and balance!!!! My tires were almost brand new too! Mercedes said the value stem extenders cannot handle the weight of the monitoring caps and cause leaks. I WISH I HAD NOT BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT!!!!
Old 05-09-2021, 07:24 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Thx

Check this out at Amazon
Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System for RV Trailer - Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode, Tire Position Exchange, with 6 External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi) and A Repeater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PP55QF9...TTPD02ZSFCNNTG
IMHO a GOOD TPMS system is an essential piece of safety equipment on any vehicle with more than 4 tires. If you don't have a good TPMS that connects, displays information, and alarms before you start moving you could easily head down the road with a very low dually tire which can leave you stranded when it, or its partner tire blows.

This is from the Tymate device page you linked:

So you may not even get a reading for up to 10 minutes after you start driving.

Yes. you have to pay over $200 for a good system. I use the EEZTire - TPMS Real Time system which comes with a 3 year warranty from a US based company. It saved my butt last weekend when I had picked up a nail on an inner dually and as I was prepping to leave on Sunday it alarmed after I turned it on and told me that tire was at 20 PSI BEFORE I had moved a foot.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:22 PM   #9

THOR #20220
Thx I am looking at these 2 and still deep diving..some folks have lost psi with them
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20210509-142128_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	30371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210509-084623_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	30372  

Old 05-09-2021, 08:46 PM   #10

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technorv.com
If there is ever a conversation about RV TPMS, the TST TPMS and the TireMinder TPMS will be at the top of the list when discussing which systems are the best. We have been asked hundreds of times to weigh in on this comparison as to why we choose to use and sell the TST. Everyone has an opinion (you can read hundreds of them on Facebook if you ask the TPMS question), and then there are the facts and specifications about each system. There are some similarities and some very distinct differences in these two systems which are important to look at when making a decision to buy. If you never use both side-to-side and only rely on one brand telling you why their system is the best, then you may not even know what you are missing.
https://www.technorv.com/articles/ts...stems-is-best/
Old 05-09-2021, 09:02 PM   #11

THOR #20220
There is review of all these

Old 05-09-2021, 09:52 PM   #12

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
If there is ever a conversation about RV TPMS, the TST TPMS and the TireMinder TPMS will be at the top of the list when discussing which systems are the best. We have been asked hundreds of times to weigh in on this comparison as to why we choose to use and sell the TST. Everyone has an opinion (you can read hundreds of them on Facebook if you ask the TPMS question), and then there are the facts and specifications about each system. There are some similarities and some very distinct differences in these two systems which are important to look at when making a decision to buy. If you never use both side-to-side and only rely on one brand telling you why their system is the best, then you may not even know what you are missing.

Very true. We started with tire stem tell-tales in 1985. Graduated to the flashing LED tell-tales in 2000. Bought the first wireless system in 2004. Bought a better one in 2010 as the first on was prone false alarms and slow to update. Moved to the TST 507 flow-through in 2016 for the coach and dolly. In 2017 I equipped all three cars I tow with TST tire sensors.

I check the tire pressures after rolling a few feet in the morning and then seldom look at the display. The TST system will alert me if anything is out of my set parameters.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:36 PM   #13
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
No, only 2 systems.

Here's a comparison of 10 systems including a ZEEPIN which appears to be the same Chinese system as the Tymate:

https://www.rvweb.net/best-rv-tire-p...tems-reviewed/
Old 05-09-2021, 11:10 PM   #14

THOR #20220
Here are the 2 values on the rear duals..are these long enough for the caps of monitoring systems?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210509_170542.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	30386   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210509_170539.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	30387  

Old 05-10-2021, 08:43 AM   #15

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
I just installed the Sykik TPMS on our Aria-all 6 wheels, and you can buy additional senders for your TOAD (something I planned to do after I made sure I'd be happy with the initial purchase).

Anyway, they seem accurate so far, from the storage bay to home and back. Once up to highway speed for a few miles, one signaled high pressure (by a couple of pounds) with a flashing screen showing the high pressure (122PSI) and an audible alarm beep. I'll adjust that one down before our vacation trip at EOM. The screen is small but that actually works in our MH because there is a small dead space in the middle of our gauge cluster-fit perfectly in there so I can see it as if looking at any other gauge.

https://sykik.com/collections/wirele...p-to-22-wheels

Gary

GVP
Old 05-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #16

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I use the Tire Minder smart system. Broadcasts to my iPhone. Takes some tweaking to get the range correct. Didn’t realize how much psi increases on a 95 degree day going 65 mph. I’ve got 10 sensors. 6 for the MH and 4 for the trailer. Connected the extender in hydraulic compartment close to the rear axle.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:04 PM   #17
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
No, only 2 systems.

Here's a comparison of 10 systems including a ZEEPIN which appears to be the same Chinese system as the Tymate:

https://www.rvweb.net/best-rv-tire-p...tems-reviewed/
Take these reviews with a grain of salt. The only system listing batteries as a con is Tireminder. Get real. What do the other systems use for the sensors or do they have to replace the sensors when dead? Replacing dead sensors isn’t a Con?

Sorry, slightly flaky in the pros and cons sections. I did my own research.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:28 PM   #18

THOR #20220
GVP-The Boxcar Children is the alarm loud? and you said hard to see display while driving?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	30403  
Old 05-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #19

THOR #20220
i guess this is not good for this sytem? External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi) inside my RV it shows front s/b 75 psi and back s/b 80 psi..
i guess 0-87 means the alarm sounds over 87 or max reading is up to 87?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	30404  
Old 05-10-2021, 03:14 PM   #20
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
i guess this is not good for this sytem? External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi) inside my RV it shows front s/b 75 psi and back s/b 80 psi..
i guess 0-87 means the alarm sounds over 87 or max reading is up to 87?
Good catch! It only reads up to 87 psi. From your starting pressures you will easily exceed 87 psi with normal travel on a spring or summer day.