Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2017, 02:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
Angry Bad RV Dealer Experience

I bought a 2016 Thor Four Winds 33SW in April 2016 from Dennis Dillon RV in Boise, Idaho. As part of my sale, I had them install a Thetford Sani-Con system. Last winter, they failed to winterize the coach properly and I had to have the outdoor shower and ice maker fixed when Spring rolled around. In January of 2017, I sent an email to Dennis Dillon RV to notify them they had failed to winterize the Sani-Con system. The Sani-Con hose was frozen solid and I suspected the macerator was also damaged. When the performed the Spring de-winterization, the technician wrote that he had certified that everything was working. On our first trip after the de-winterization, the Sani-Con system would not pump. I was in California at this time and as recommended by the Dennis Dillon service department, I had an RV repair company come out and temporarily convert the dump system back to a normal dump hose.

Now, after waiting a month to hear the status of the repairs I had turned it in for at the beginning of this June, I am told by the Dennis Dillon service department that they have not even started to look at my coach. The reason? They are too busy prepping new coaches for delivery.

This is customer service at its worst. And they are not apologetic at all. So now I need to contact Forest River (Thor) and find another service center near me.

Does anyone have the name and number of the Thor Four Winds Super C warranty contact?

Marshall Poe

Old 07-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
You could try Thor's customer service line:
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/contact-us/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #3

Model: 35SK
State: Idaho
THOR #8758
Angry Me too!

I had the identical experience with the same dealer in Boise, ID (Dennis Dillon RV) with my brand new Four Winds 35SK purchased in May, 2017. I'm interested to find out of you found another dealer in the Boise area that can service Thor built motorhomes under warranty. I have so many issues, there isn't enough space to describe them all. But I will not take the coach back to these guys. Terrible!