Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2016, 01:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Connecticut
THOR #3785
Help with a Weird Problem . . .

Hi All!

So I come home from work and the two lights on each side of the bottom of the bumper (running? Fog?) are on.

I go into the coach and the key isn't in the ignition and the lights are off. I start the coach and let it run, and then turn it off. I tried a few other things with no luck. I called Thor and spoke to Tim. He said that he thought there may be a short in the ignition and there was an ignition signal being sent to the lights or something like that. While chatting I discovered the house batteries were dead.

Tim suggested that I take it for service. I said ok, thanked him and hung up. But my hunch was that the lights were supposed to be on for some reason. So I ran the coach for a little while until I could get enough to start the generator. I let the generator run for 4 hours to charge the house batteries. I went out to the coach and the batteries were charged, and the lights magically were off.

Does anyone have a clue what went on? Should I be worried or is it normal?

Thanks everyone,

Bill

2016 Challenger 37TB
BillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:46 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
WOW.... never heard of lights being on warning you your batteries are about dead... something just aint right here....