Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2020, 02:52 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I'm pretty sure the seating problem was explained to you as being worldwide and having absolutuely nothing to do with Thor.

I've posted before about my home sofa going bad from the same fabric mill. It wasn't only an rv problem.

I, personally, wouldn't let a long past poorly sealed hole keep me from buying the Floorplan I liked best if that Floorplan was a Thor product.

With as many posts as you have and as much reading as you've done here you must somehow have absorbed the industry standards as being... Well... Standard.

You won't escape it short of a Newell.

Good luck on the sale.
Do not fail to disclose the mold problem or be set to have your hat handed to you in the lawsuit from the buyer. You've posted the mold here. That's proof of maliciousness if you don't disclose.

Where did it say he was gonna sale it???

Old 10-03-2020, 03:08 AM   #22

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony&Sheryl View Post
Where did it say he was gonna sale it???
I didn't see that either. I think it was an assumption/assertion on his part. Seems to do that a lot out here.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:11 AM   #23

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsnook View Post
Not in the market yet, still trying to pay off this one unfortunately..
Right here.
Unless you think he'll have two of them....
Not in the market yet means he will be in the market.
I guess he could scrap it instead of selling it.
Don't we all eventually inevitably sell unless someone inherits from us? The mold will still need disclosed even years from now.

Three ways
Sell it
Scrap it
Will it.

Will he sell it if he will be in the market later?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #24

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’m guessing you have not been doing your quarterly inspection and sealing maintenance. This sort of damage is very common but easy to catch early and prevent. I doubt that buying a different brand will mean that you can’t develop leaks. As for the pealing upholstery, my 2019 Newmar has started doing it in fewer than 6,000 miles. Newmar says they’ll replace but not until they improve their supply situation following Flexsteel’s exit from the market. It’s just the way RVs are....
Old 10-08-2020, 03:17 PM   #25

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Right here.
Unless you think he'll have two of them....
Not in the market yet means he will be in the market.
I guess he could scrap it instead of selling it.
Don't we all eventually inevitably sell unless someone inherits from us? The mold will still need disclosed even years from now.

Three ways
Sell it
Scrap it
Will it.

Will he sell it if he will be in the market later?

Never mentioned it would be on the market anytime soon, was talking down the road in a few years.. I can assure you this will not be my last RV but will certainly be my last Thor.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #26

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I’m guessing you have not been doing your quarterly inspection and sealing maintenance. This sort of damage is very common but easy to catch early and prevent. I doubt that buying a different brand will mean that you can’t develop leaks. As for the pealing upholstery, my 2019 Newmar has started doing it in fewer than 6,000 miles. Newmar says they’ll replace but not until they improve their supply situation following Flexsteel’s exit from the market. It’s just the way RVs are....
Never heard of a "quarterly sealing maintenance". I guess this quarterly inspection is done by an inspector with eyes that can penetrate through appliances, cabinets and fiberglass..

The fact that a quarterly sealing maintenance exist tells you all you need to know.. I'm sorry but I just won't accept spending $70,000 on something and being told "that's just the way it is."
Old 10-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsnook View Post
I'm sure those that really support Thor and those that either own stock or work for the company that participate in this forum will jump all over me but I've had enough.

My last post discussed my upholstry falling apart after 4 years and now, do to a porch light not being sealed.properly, I've had to tear out my microwave cabinet and replace the wood due to hidden water damage. There was mold and mushrooms growing on the wet and rotted wood and even an ant colony found a nice refuge. My countertop also under the microwave got wet and swelled and will never be the same. This is in addition to 2 other windows that constantly leak and have swelled the wood in the walls under them. I am forced to keep a small cup pinned up against the window to catch the dripping water each time it rains It's as if the guy who did the sealing/caulking at Thor was either drunk, high on drugs or just didn't give a crap about doing a decent job.

When I removed the porch light, there was a 1 inch oversized hole that was made to allow for two small 14 gauge wires to enter the RV, which created a huge gap for rain water to pour through. There was no foam insulation or anything to help seal the hole from water intrusion or just outside temperatures. Inspection of the seal around the porch light showed huge gaps in the seal which of course I had to reseal.

This will be my last Thor RV and would not recommend Thor units to anyone contemplating purchasing an RV. This is beyond ridiculous..
Good luck. They are all the same.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #28

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’m quite certain it’s in your owners manual. RVs flex and move a lot and sealant technology is not great. I inspect my roof and sidewalls 3 or 4 times a year and it is somewhat unusual for me to not find something that needs to be addressed. The size of the hole in your case is irrelevant since the water shouldn’t have been able to get to it in first place. It is a simple matter to look at the edges of windows, fixtures and seams and determine if there is a uniform unbroken well bonded bead of caulk. It’s your responsibility and not Thor’s. Whether you accept it or not, it’s the way RVs are.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Mine calls for semi-annual inspections... but that's probably not really enough!
I do have a one-piece fiberglass roof, and the slides are also one-piece and seamless...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote