Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
High Praises for Polli Glow

I have a 2018 Windsport always out in the Florida Sunshine. The fiberglass has become very chauky and blotchy despite having it detailed twice a year. I have tryed dozens of cleaners, polishes waxes and sealers, it looks great for about 6 months.
Today I tryed a product called Polli Glow. With very little work the RV looks bran new. If anyone else has tryed this please chime in. Now that the product is on it does need to be reapplied every year, and thats alot easier then doing the buffing thing and then waxing.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:37 PM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1Z View Post
I have a 2018 Windsport always out in the Florida Sunshine. The fiberglass has become very chauky and blotchy despite having it detailed twice a year. I have tryed dozens of cleaners, polishes waxes and sealers, it looks great for about 6 months.
Today I tryed a product called Polli Glow. With very little work the RV looks bran new. If anyone else has tryed this please chime in. Now that the product is on it does need to be reapplied every year, and thats alot easier then doing the buffing thing and then waxing.
I used it on my sailboat for 4 years. Yes it requires once a year application. recoat is only one coat each year. First time was 4 coats as I recall. Easy to do.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:53 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Following
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
RV shine

I have been using Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray for about a year on our Axis. It is very easy to apply if you follow the instructions. The water is still beading on it but initially it would sheet off and not bead, which after watching a couple of videos, is what should happen. Once the weather warms up enough I'll coat it again. It can also be applied to the windows, which I did, but not the windshield. I use Rainex washer fluid which I find is great at sheeting water off the windshield. But, to each his own.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Thanks for the "Poli-Glow tip"!
It looks as if I'll have some time this Summer to give it a try.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #6

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
I used Poli-Glo on my first Class A about 12 years ago because I had tried everything else and wasn't satisfied. The proper application took a while to go through all the steps. (I had to buy the powder cleaner to get rid of the rust. The final outcome was a nice sheen that lasted about a year. I only used it on the end caps. The following year when i was getting ready to sell it, I called in a guy to detail the coach and he made the mistake of trying to buff those areas. Can't do it! I had to re-prep and re-apply the Poli Glo again after he finished the rest of the coach. If it isn't applied evenly and stays in the sun, the product will have a tendancy to peel. Got to stay on top of it! Otherwise, I liked the results.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:38 PM   #7

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
Quote:
Did you buy a whole kit that I see advertised or just the polish/wax. I'm looking for something. Bought into Maguires polish wax 67 and it's too harsh for me....even without a buffer. Where did you buy, Amazon?
Also, does it really hold up? I'm in the FL sun too and haven't found anything that will hold up to the sun and rain.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:03 PM   #8

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
Did you buy a whole kit that I see advertised or just the polish/wax. I'm looking for something. Bought into Maguires polish wax 67 and it's too harsh for me....even without a buffer. Where did you buy, Amazon?
Also, does it really hold up? I'm in the FL sun too and haven't found anything that will hold up to the sun and rain.
See post #2. I live in Florida.

https://www.amazon.com/Poli-Glow-fib.../dp/B00409S8AG
Old 05-06-2020, 09:06 PM   #9

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
Poli Glow revisited

Search the forums for more info on prep and Poli Glow, as this discussion has come up before. I used it on my boat over 15 years ago, and that version did peel; the newer formulation (came out around 8 years ago I think) does not peel. I have used the newer version on my RV's since it came out. First ever application should be around 6 coats; then annual renewal of 2 or 3 coats. Manufacturer (located down here in South Florida) does not recommend application to fiberglass RV until it is 1 year old or more, as new units have surface that is too smooth for good adherence. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #10

THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Ya I saw that one but on a boat with 4 coats...wow....this is an RV....4 coats would take days.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:47 PM   #11

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
I used F11 last year for the first time. Used again last week with their poly wash. WOW. Impressed and definitely discarding everything else I’ve collected.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:19 PM   #12

THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
I used F11 last year for the first time. Used again last week with their poly wash. WOW. Impressed and definitely discarding everything else I’ve collected.
WHich F11 products did you use besides the poly wash? I see some sprays but no wax...is this a spray that you use?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:25 PM   #13

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
WHich F11 products did you use besides the poly wash? I see some sprays but no wax...is this a spray that you use?
Polish and Sealer of course.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:01 AM   #14

State: Kansas
THOR #18734
Quote:
I'll take a look at it, thanks. Good post.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #15

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
It would be interesting to see some of these products compared side by side apples to apples.

Most of them have the very same ingredients when you look at the SDS

Different actives of course and prices are all over the place

For the money Lucas and Aerorspace along with Meguires seem to have fairly concentrated products. I tend to use primarily Aerospace and have used Lucas plus several other name brand synthetics but sure none to write home about
Old 05-14-2020, 03:02 AM   #16

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Maryland
THOR #3227
Quote:
Did you use a cleaner before using the Poly or did you apply it right on the chalky finish?
2013 Chrysler 300 "S", 1936 Chrysler C-8
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition
Brakeman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:57 AM   #17

THOR #8144
The kit comes with applicators and primer. If the surface is also porous and stained, they have a different prep powder that should be purchased. (Sorry that I don't remember the name of it) It also removes any chalking from the surface.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:17 AM   #18

THOR #8144
Just looked it up. It's called Poli Ox ( for oxidation, I guess!)
Old 05-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #19

Model: Allegro Open Road
THOR #8069
Brakeman48, I bought the kit, it comes with the cleaner, applicator, and finish product. It is made right here in Florida, and its POLY GLOW not poli ox.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #20

THOR #8144
Ron1Z, Poli Ox is the name of the powdered cleanser that is used for rust stains and heavy oxidation. It is part of the DELUXE kit or can be purchased separately. You are correct about the name of the overall Poli Glow brand and yes, you are correct that it is a Florida product (actually made in Fort Pierce)!
Interesting to me that the Poli Glow liquid kind of smells like Johnsons Floor Wax or some of those paver sealer products!