Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2018, 12:43 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakecooper View Post
I never have found a drain on the fresh water tank 29.3 thor. I have been under the bed numerous times and crawled under the coach looking for it.
On my 34E it's inside the storage are w/o the the dump pipe and fresh water hook up. It's a blue line with a valve hanging down thru a hole in the bottom of the cabinet.
There's no room under our bed for anything else

Old 11-19-2018, 01:10 AM   #22

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
I thought the heating pads for the tanks were inside the tanks. What do they look like if they are on the outside?
They are just a black pad about 1/8" thick stuck to the bottom of the tanks. They dont always cover the complete bottom FYI
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #23

THOR #1620
Quote:
I never have found a drain on the fresh water tank 29.3 thor. I have been under the bed numerous times and crawled under the coach looking for it.
The drain should be in the sewer bay right in front of the pump, it is just plumbed into the line and has a metal pull ring, pull it up and the tank will drain, albeit slow but will drain. You will notice the tube comes out the bottom of the bay, that will confirm you have the right place.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #24

Model: Ace 29.4
State: New York
THOR #6366
The drain in my 29.4 is inside a panel by the tank itself. I only see it when I winterize.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:32 AM   #25

State: Iowa
THOR #12078
Thanks, thats how i drained. So process ,never found any other drain on the tank.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:57 AM   #26

State: Iowa
THOR #12078
New screen for grill whistle

Just received the screen today. Do i use wire tyes to mount it on the grill. Back side of course.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #27

THOR #1620
Quote:
Just received the screen today. Do i use wire tyes to mount it on the grill. Back side of course.
To help us all out, when you comment its best if you quote who you are replying to. At this point I have no clue what your comment is referring to in this thread.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #28

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
I thought the heating pads for the tanks were inside the tanks. What do they look like if they are on the outside?
Little black pads glued to the bottom of the tank with two 12v wires comming out of them.

I had to used some adhesive on mine. They were falling down when I purchased my RV.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #29

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
To help us all out, when you comment its best if you quote who you are replying to. At this point I have no clue what your comment is referring to in this thread.
His radiator grill. The screens help with the noise the OEM grills make in the wind.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 11-21-2018, 08:51 PM   #30

THOR #12231
Quote:
Thanks, thats how i drained. So process ,never found any other drain on the tank.
Mine was hard to find. Right next to the tank you should see a valve, turn clockwise and see if it starts running under the the RV. I cant even see where my drain is at, I think its hidden by the gas tank so it drip everywhere under my rv.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #31

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Mine was hard to find. Right next to the tank you should see a valve, turn clockwise and see if it starts running under the the RV. I cant even see where my drain is at, I think its hidden by the gas tank so it drip everywhere under my rv.
He has a 29.3 Ace, its in the sewer bay. Apparently he didnt read that I posted that.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:36 AM   #32

Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
Heating pads on my 2017 Quantum are on the bottom of the tanks (outside the tanks). They look like thin rubber pads that are glued on around the edges and have wires that are (hopefully) connected on the side. Mine also started to fall off and i reglued them as needed with E 6000 indusrial adhessive. So far so good but i keep an eye on them for the areas i have not glued myself yet.