Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #24547
House Battery Reset

2017 Thor Chateau 31E. Problem with auto leveling system..Lippert Tech says to reset the house battery main breaker. Should be in battery compartment under the steps. Nope, not there. Crawl underneath compartment, not on back or even close. Was on hold 3 hours with Thor Support, never did get to talk to anyone. Tried Chat, nothing. Tried text, was ask for Vin #. Sent Vin# 3 hours ago, no reply. Does anyone know where the battery breaker is located?

Old 08-17-2021, 07:58 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I had an Outlaw 29H and it was mounted on te outside of the battery compartment. If you have a generator, then it is likely 100A Bussman Breaker that powers the generator starter and the levelers.

You might want to follow the positive cable from the leveler motor towards the battery. Eventually that cable will connect to the Bussman Breaker.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:02 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Exclamation

In case you're not familiar with it, it looks like this one. Color of the button and flag may be different. It should be fairly close to the house battery/ies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-16.png
Views:	90
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	32886  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #4

State: Kentucky
THOR #24547
Update: Found it, reset it, leveling problem solved. It was in the battery compartment under the steps, but not visible and definitely not accessible from the front of the batteries. It was hidden in the back top corner. Accessible only by a 2" space next to the coach frame. Had to crawl underneath to get access. I wonder about the people that assemble these things. It was installed prior to the batteries with no thought given to future accessible. If I ever take the batteries out for replacement I will move it to a better location. Tried to reach it from the front after resetting it, but the only thing I did was loose some skin off the top of my hand against the plywood underlayment! Anyway, problem solved and new note to add about RVs that is not covered in any of the manuals. If you get a "low voltage" warning on your auto leveling system you might want to check the battery breaker first. Wish I had! It would have saved me the $320 for a new leveling controller that Lippert told me I needed. Anyone want to buy a leveling controller, lol!
Old 08-18-2021, 03:28 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
House Battery Reset

The Bussman Breaker is the very first thing to check with a Low Voltage Alarm. Then the house batteries and how they are being charged.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:08 PM   #6

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11794
I had the same problem It is under your bed behind the power converter It's a little gray box with a tiny black button on itYou will see a battery cable going into it and one going out of it. I can't find it I can send you a picture.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:45 PM   #7

THOR #11794
Smile

had a RV mechanic come to a house and show me where exactly it was . It's about the size of your thumb Like I said it's gray with a tiny black button on the top of it.I like to hear how you made out.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:10 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint4255 View Post
I had the same problem It is under your bed behind the power converter It's a little gray box with a tiny black button on itYou will see a battery cable going into it and one going out of it. I can't find it I can send you a picture.
Did you read post #4?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:00 PM   #9

THOR #11794
Sorry I missed that but I had the same problem and somebody told me to look in with the batteries and there was nothing. I have a 2015 chateau. And like I said it's behind the power converter underneath the master bed. Maybe this could help somebody else. seems like they put it anywhere they want. have a nice day
Old 01-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #10

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Side note... I had the aftermarket Big Foot levelers installed. They installed a nearly identical breaker (different amperage) in the circuit to the level controller - and mounted it very close to the main battery breaker on the frame rail by the battery box - which, although convenient, COULD be confusing if someone didn't know what they were both for.

Tags
battery, battery breaker, battery rest