Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2023, 10:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Delaware
THOR #22754
Thor Challenger 37KT Leveling System

My coach is a 2011 model and I can not locate the leveling control module. Any ideas of where I can find it. The left/right and green center lights are blinking. There is no voltage to the motor. Any help much appreciated.

Old 04-04-2023, 11:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
There is never voltage to the motor unless it is commanded to run by the motor solenoid. Do you have voltage to the motor solenoid? Status of 100 AMP DC breaker in the house battery compartment (can you start the generator?)? Have you reset the control panel?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:52 PM   #3

State: Delaware
THOR #22754
No voltage to the solenoid. Yes I can start generator. All batteries measure good with volt meter. And if there is a 100 amp breaker in the house battery compartment I can’t find it. There are 2 6v batteries under step going in and 2 6v batteries in an underneath compartment next to them. Yes I reset by depressing front rear left right at same time
Old 04-05-2023, 01:22 AM   #4
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMancini View Post
No voltage to the solenoid. Yes I can start generator. All batteries measure good with volt meter. And if there is a 100 amp breaker in the house battery compartment I can’t find it. There are 2 6v batteries under step going in and 2 6v batteries in an underneath compartment next to them. Yes I reset by depressing front rear left right at same time
Your symptoms do not compute:

+12 VDC goes to the 100 amp DC breakar.
The 100 amp DC breaker supplies the generator starting circuit and the hydraulic pump activation solenoid.

So if your generator starts that says the 100 amp DC breaker is not tripped and there should be 12 VDC to ground at the main terminal connection of the hydraulic pump activation solenoid. If you really don't, then you have a large cable that is open OR your system is not wired in typical fashion.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:53 PM   #5

Model: Challenger
State: Maryland
THOR #25281
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMancini View Post
My coach is a 2011 model and I can not locate the leveling control module. Any ideas of where I can find it. The left/right and green center lights are blinking. There is no voltage to the motor. Any help much appreciated.
Hello, there are fuses in the same compartment as the pump. Have you checked them?
Old 04-06-2023, 10:47 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Hello, there are fuses in the same compartment as the pump. Have you checked them?
You got a picture of said fuses?
Old 04-07-2023, 06:42 AM   #7

Model: Challenger
State: Maryland
THOR #25281
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
You got a picture of said fuses?
Hello, they are inline fuses and I believe there are two of them. I can take a look at mine tomorrow, and take a picture for you. They are the same types of fuses that are in your fuse box under the dash. (not mini fuses) but regular size. Of course I am basing this off of my 2013DT Challenger which of course could be different but if he has them they will be in the wiring bundle that goes to the pump which also goes to the level controller and the power control board used inside the motorhome to turn the system on and operate the leveling system.