Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2019, 02:40 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcjaw2 View Post
Don’t waste your time traveling to Wakarusa for the factory service. They are no better than CW. The industry is a joke. I wish I never bought a Thor. Our life has been a living he__ since we bought it.
That's the first time I've heard of that; everyone else has great accolades for the factory service center. Why was your experience so different?

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #22

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #13661
Well, it seems I'm not the only one being treated like crap by General RV of Jacksonville. The reviews are uncanny -

https://www.google.com/search?q=gene...a6cce6714941,1,,,
Old 02-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #23

THOR #13661
Holy Jesus! Finally some good news. Today, the store manager called me back after I requested the receptionist to hand-deliver my number to him (I was done leaving voicemails). He seemed like a nice guy, just maybe over his head with a supporting cast that sucks (like Eli Manning with zero offensive linemen).

They are picking it up Friday.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #24

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
Holy Jesus! Finally some good news. Today, the store manager called me back after I requested the receptionist to hand-deliver my number to him (I was done leaving voicemails). He seemed like a nice guy, just maybe over his head with a supporting cast that sucks (like Eli Manning with zero offensive linemen).

They are picking it up Friday.

All he did was "chocolate coat" the turd. Don't bite too deep, too quickly!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:26 PM   #25

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
That all sounds well and fine, but when a rich guy complains about a luxury product politicians, the news media and the general public don't give a hoot or even listen. Now if you were some welfare mom with 9 kids that didn't get their food stamps everyone would be on board with you.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #26

THOR #11130
Sadly...that's where we're heading in this country. Make them poor, bail them out, get their vote, let them starve to death, let more in...repeat!
Old 02-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #27

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:19 PM   #28

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
Lt.

I'm writing to President Trump to demand gov't interdiction. This is when being a Medal of Valor recipient (me), and Korean War Vet (father) w/Parkinsons, being thrown aside by General RV of Jacksonville has its advantages. Hopefully, he'll respond (along with my NTSB buddy's input).

Today was the last straw for me. Last week and today, I was blown off by "Patrick" (alleged service manager). I try to get him today several times and he fails to call me back, even fater being hand delivered a message to call me back.

And, this is weeks after "Paige" tells me that she's the one to make things happen.

Apparently, "Paige" was out with the flu today. What's her reason for not calling/emailing me back for 2 weeks?

Then today, "Patrick" flakes on me.

I don't think General RV of Jacksonville realizes that I only bought that 2018 AXIS to bring my elderly parents to various places. If my 87 year old dad passes away before going to some of his destination spots, due to GRV's willful inability fix my warranteed RV, I am going to do everything in my legal power to hold GRV accountable for their obvious disregard for customer service.

Not to mention picket General RV. You'd be amazed with what $50 bucks a picketer will get you (I have to research FL law)... Letters to local Investigative News Agencies are in process. Once I mail the letters off detailing my experience from Day1, I will be driving to General RV and chat with whoever is in charge. Not accepting my RV for warranty repair after 5 months is RIDICULOUS. I haven't even used it yet. Cab AC is very important. The Thor rep acknowledged their culpability for the AC issue. It's General RV's ineptness causing this.

It's a shame that there are others here also being shafted by the man... Not for long...
Think it was back in the 80s in Jacksonville that this person bought a car. Same thing happened to her until she put up a billboard about her repairs). They threatened to sue her and she handed them her Lawyer card and alerted the paper about it. Think her car got fixed but that is extreme I guess.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #29

THOR #13661
1-month update!!!

Today I called for an update. General RV of Jacksonville STILL has not had anyone look at the cab AC not working. Guy says they didnt want to work on it until the parts they recently ordered arrive. I was like, "WTH!!, fix the AC issue while you're waiting, since you have no clue of the problem!".

They focus on selling RVs at shows (per an employee there), then spend the next week preparing those for the new buyers. While, guys like me who bought a THOR PIECE OF CRAP last NOVEMBER and I still haven't been able to use it.

I will be spending most of my day there tomorrow, telling EVERYONE with 2 ears of my displeasure for General RV of Jacksonville... I feel like calling our local ABC investigative news affiliate of my issue, and GRV's selling tactics.

I feel like hiring picketers. I'll put an ad on Craigslist and give local tweekers $10 bucks an hour.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #30

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
So sorry this is happening to you. It is a dealer specific issue but I hear a lot of similar stories.
When we bought our Vegas, there were several issues that needed taken care of, and several more but popped up soon. Our dealer, Beaver Coach Sales and service fixed the issues, and fixed them right the first time.
They also told me to really go over it before the warranty expired to make sure everything was covered. The only problem was it took forever to get parts, and getting an appointment in the summer takes months because people are bringing their coaches from all over to their service dept.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #31

THOR #13661
Well, They're all going to get an earful from me tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:16 PM   #32

THOR #11130
Sometimes you just have to walk away from a bad marriage. You can't make Chicken Salad out of Chicken S**T. Write them off. If you have this much time to spend on it, Head to Wakarusa and get it fixed right the first time and be happy. Life is too short to try to stop a train with spitballs. Did you hear back from Trump...what did he say about it?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #33
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Sometimes it pays to invoke the 21 day provision of the warranty and contact Thor as specified in the warranty (written letter to the address specified). When Thor receives the 21 day letter they tend to take action because that is a federal warranty act action.

Others have found the letter works wonders.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:49 PM   #34

THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Sometimes it pays to invoke the 21 day provision of the warranty and contact Thor as specified in the warranty (written letter to the address specified). When Thor receives the 21 day letter they tend to take action because that is a federal warranty act action.

Others have found the letter works wonders.

I don't think there's a 21 Day Provision with the dealer. This seems more a dealer failure than a Thor failure. I would write the dealer off and go to Plan B. If no Plan B in place...make one.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:14 AM   #35

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Don’t mean to be patronizing but have you tried making an appointment with the dealership GM to discuss your frustration instead of shouting your anger? If that conversation fails you can go to another dealer or an independent shop authorized to do warranty work and that values your business. If even that fails you can take it to Thor in Indiana and they will take care of you. I agree with the comment about how life is too short for this much anger. In any event I hope you get it fixed and can enjoy yourself
Old 03-27-2019, 10:37 AM   #36

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Customer service is everything

After reading these posts, just had to throw my 2 cents in!

Having purchased in late 2017 at a General RV (Wixom, MI) our experience with that service department was less than expected (OK they sucked)!
Took our Vegas to another General RV in White Lake & now their new site in Clarkston & are very pleased with there service department. Very pleasant and caring, would highly recommend this specific dealership!

After being in a sales position my whole career, to me it is all about the service thing and how you are responded to as the customer WILL KEEP US COMING BACK!
Old 03-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #37

THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Don’t mean to be patronizing but have you tried making an appointment with the dealership GM to discuss your frustration instead of shouting your anger? If that conversation fails you can go to another dealer or an independent shop authorized to do warranty work and that values your business. If even that fails you can take it to Thor in Indiana and they will take care of you. I agree with the comment about how life is too short for this much anger. In any event I hope you get it fixed and can enjoy yourself
The GM is the one who had the RV picked up weeks ago. They have too many chiefs over there and not enough indians.

I'm not taking that thing to Indiana... General RV of Jacksonville will be fixing that RV to my satisfaction, or, they won't... I've left GM Craig Williamson another message today, and also spoke to a service rep. She, along with Vaid, Patrick and even the service manager Chris are in this "hula-loop".

I started to worry again when Chris started giving me the runaround about whether it was Ford or Thor's warranty issue. I said, "Don't even go there. Max, from Thor, already advised me (and you guys via her conversation with Paige) that Thor was 100% responsible for the cab AC issue". Hence, my calls in today.

Like I said, they care more about prepping newly sold RVs from shows, rather than satisfying someone who still hasn't used theirs in over 5 months.

Its a small world. I'm in a 800 member running club, and word gets around...
Old 03-29-2019, 06:44 PM   #38

THOR #13661
Update #???

So, today I get a call back from Vaid at GRV and he says Thor didn't send them the correct fridge piece, or cover yet, and JUST TODAY had one of his techs call Thor about the AC issue, who tells GRV that its a FORD issue... I'm like Holy Jesus...

A female named Max from Thor already told them it was Thor's responsibility. Since the AC compressor isn't getting any power (per Vaid at GRV), it has to be from when Thor hacks into the wiring for their RV dash AC buttons.

So, long story short, they have to call Ford to make an appointment... Now, I'll wait 4 weeks for Ford to get it and say its Thor's issue. I am pissed beyond words.

PS - - As for the small LED bulb around the headlights, he said someone at Thor epoxied each LED light, so they have to order new headlight housings... That, along with a simple fridge panel ordered Oct. 14th, 2018 STILL is not in. Also, the warped heater shield hasnt arrived either.

What a F-ing fiasco.

Calling Thor now. Been on hold for 10 mins. Awesome day!!!
Old 04-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #39

THOR #13661
LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES @ General RV of Jacksonville

UPDATE!

Well, after 6 months of total hell, They called me and said that my Axis' AC was fixed (along with a plethera of interior stuff) and would be delivering it back to me that day. This is after being contacted by Thor to help me get my RV back, before they have to take it back...

I asked "Vaid" (the asst. manager of service) if they washed it prior to bringing it back to me (as he had promised in an earlier conversation), as it has been sitting in there dust & oak pollen-filled parking lot for months.

Vaid's reply was that General RV COULD NOT wash my RV due to cement work being done in the detail area. I asked him if they were washing any other RVs. He said "no".

So, after being lied to countless times by so many employees of General RV of Jacksonville, I decided to drive back and see this so-called major construction going on... See pics -

Hmmmm, All I see in the detail area are RV's being detailed... You?
So, I asked a couple of employees why they weren't washing RVs for customers after service? Both rolled their eyes at Vaid's comment to me and stated that there was construction going on, BUT it was for employee parking on the other side of the complex. Yes, I was pretty pissed off, and no, I couldn't find Vaid to call him a liar...

So, NOW i have to fight General RV to replace the decals, which they attempted to order from Thor due to some kind of dark sticky residue under the edges of the clear-edged decals only. Thor says they wont warranty it due to General RV's lack of maintenance for the time on their lot, AND the fact that General RV "supposedly" applied that BS polymer.

Since General RV refuses to replace the the decals (even though they know they are bad), I am going to sue them. I may even sue the sales manager for the 6 months of wasted payments while I'm at it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190422_104822.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	16966   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190422_104911.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	16967  

Old 04-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #40

State: Alaska
THOR #7410
I just took another trip to wakarusa Indiana. More of a joke than last year. At least last year repairs lasted a month or so. This time the repairs were falling down around us while driving home. And the best part is after they allegedly repair/replaced the water pipes we have no hot water anywhere and only cold water in the rear bath. I’m up for class action law suit.