Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2017, 02:28 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
How hard is it to replace mirror camera on ACE?

I have a camera that's bad. I'm wondering if this is something I can replace myself rather than waiting weeks or months for a dealer to do it.

Has anyone done this or otherwise been inside the mirror to know how the mirror comes apart to access the camera?

Thanks

Old 11-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
You may be able to order a camera from the mirror maker. Do a search here on "mirror" and you might find the name of that company.

The mirrors on our Vegas are attached with 4 screws under chrome plated caps. Your mirrors are probably the same. Mine came off easily, replaced under warranty (2 years) due to deteriorating finish.

Before you replace anything, did you try switching the cables from the cameras to make sure it is a faulty camera?
Old 11-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
State: Florida
THOR #1907
We had to replace the entire mirror on our class C. It was not pretty. $1500 because of the camera an heated. Dealer had to go into dash because camera doesn't junction at door frame.
PM me as I do have camera from old setup.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #4

THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS950 View Post
We had to replace the entire mirror on our class C. It was not pretty. $1500 because of the camera an heated. Dealer had to go into dash because camera doesn't junction at door frame.
PM me as I do have camera from old setup.
I actually have the camera on the way. After discussing with Thor, they believe it is bad camera and sending me replacement.

What I'm trying to figure out is what it takes to actually get to the camera in the mirror. How does the mirror come apart to access/replace the camera and whether I should do it myself or bring it to someone to have it done.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:26 AM   #5

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
So I looked on my side mirrors to get the company name and emailed them for a drawing of my mirror. They emailed me .pdfs of the mirror, wiring, and a whole parts list. It shows how they come apart.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #6

THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
So I looked on my side mirrors to get the company name and emailed them for a drawing of my mirror. They emailed me .pdfs of the mirror, wiring, and a whole parts list. It shows how they come apart.
Great, I'll do that. Thanks.