Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #19826
Hurricane 2020 control panel

Has anyone else experienced a control panel with a mind of its own? Lights and fans turn on middle of the night, awning lights go on and off by themselves, furnace turns on when both A/Cs are running in warm weather. I’ve turned off propane so the thing doesn’t implode! I’ve had multiple warranty issues that are still ongoing, but this one is intermittent and so gets closed out NTF.

I live in this scary Motorhome 6 months out of the year.

Hurricane 2020 35M.

Thanks fro any input.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:10 AM   #2

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
It might be a program matter or update that might be needed with your control panel. What control panel does it have?

Paul
Old 07-28-2020, 01:56 AM   #3

THOR #19826
It is G9, firmware 1.0.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E3A921AD-42D3-4D3E-83A1-FA636288FE47.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	25242   Click image for larger version

Name:	76E511AC-9127-4BC0-AF6B-E685C1264380.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	25243  

Old 07-28-2020, 04:03 AM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Call firefly. Someone else on here was having similar issues and they helped them sort it out. I believe it was a software update that needed to be applied.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #5

THOR #19826
Thanks Campnjoe. I’ll try that. Dealer is useless on solving issues. I’m a newbie and expected dealer to sort out issues with manufacturer but that’s not happening with the new RV.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:50 PM   #6

THOR #19826
Issue being resolved!

Thanks for heads up to call manufacture direct instead of going through dealer or THOR.
For G9, there is a software fix that is being tested and should be complete in the next few days. Tech will be sending me the files to upload via the firefly USB port.

Hopefully this will resolve my issue of various on/off being activated that I’ve lived with since Sept 27!

Firefly = best tech support.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:23 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie20 View Post
Has anyone else experienced a control panel with a mind of its own? Lights and fans turn on middle of the night, awning lights go on and off by themselves, furnace turns on when both A/Cs are running in warm weather. I’ve turned off propane so the thing doesn’t implode! I’ve had multiple warranty issues that are still ongoing, but this one is intermittent and so gets closed out NTF.

I live in this scary Motorhome 6 months out of the year.

Hurricane 2020 35M.

Thanks fro any input.
ours did the same thing, ac and heat were both on and all the lights were on. I did updated the software update and been good so far. And I keep the propane off now!!

Our hurricane spent 7 months of its life in the shop since last Nov!!
Old 07-30-2020, 12:31 AM   #8

THOR #19826
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
ours did the same thing, ac and heat were both on and all the lights were on. I did updated the software update and been good so far. And I keep the propane off now!!

Our hurricane spent 7 months of its life in the shop since last Nov!!
I’m on my third extension sofa and Lippert will only replace with like, not replace with a workable design. Latches are junk!

Mines been in and out every month since March. When Workamping (Oct-Dec) I lived with issues while sending pics for filing.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:30 PM   #9

THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie20 View Post
I’m on my third extension sofa and Lippert will only replace with like, not replace with a workable design. Latches are junk!

Mines been in and out every month since March. When Workamping (Oct-Dec) I lived with issues while sending pics for filing.
I started off with a blown engine at 2k miles!!

and the list goes on!!

thank goodness Bradford Ford in PA was bad ass replacing engine, 3 month in shop there.

and Riverside Rv in New Bern NC been awesome fixing all the Thor Issues!

They fixed the ghost man in the wall knocking while we drove!

was the Living room slide! upgraded the rails! working good so far.

Been and Adventure!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rvtrain.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	25299  
Old 05-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #10

State: Florida
THOR #20683
Mind of its own

Glad to see I am not going crazy. We have the same issue. We purchased our 2020 Thor Hurricane 34J in Sept of 2020. It has been in the shop a lot more than in our possession. This issue I have complained about twice and both times the "could not duplicate the issue". I have plenty of video for them now.

Did the update fix the issue? Are you still having issues with the gas turning on? Ours has done that also.

We expected some issues, but this has been a horrible experience. It will be back in the shop for another list as soon as we return from the trip that is the reason we bought it in the first place.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:22 AM   #11

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Michigan
THOR #17235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon K View Post
Glad to see I am not going crazy. We have the same issue. We purchased our 2020 Thor Hurricane 34J in Sept of 2020. It has been in the shop a lot more than in our possession. This issue I have complained about twice and both times the "could not duplicate the issue". I have plenty of video for them now.

Did the update fix the issue? Are you still having issues with the gas turning on? Ours has done that also.

We expected some issues, but this has been a horrible experience. It will be back in the shop for another list as soon as we return from the trip that is the reason we bought it in the first place.
We had similar problems with the Firefly system in our 2020 Hurricane shortly after we purchased it slightly used. I contacted Firefly and they immediately sent me a software update. That was in January of 2020 and as of now we have had no more problems.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #12

THOR #13505
Hey Sharon, there is a recall on the firefly in the 2020 Thor Hurricane

probably bunch others but I know that one for fact because we own one and had ours fixed

It is more than a software update!!!

I know of one rig that went up in flames due to firefly bug!

Ours has work like a champ since the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon K View Post

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fireflyfix.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	30321  
Old 05-07-2021, 05:52 PM   #13

THOR #20541
We have a 2020 Windsport 34J that has a similar issue. After some random amount of time ALL devices controlled by the Firefly unit shut off, yet the panel still "thinks/shows" them as ON.

It has spent a lot of time at our local dealer for this issue, the good news is my guy at the dealer has acknowledged they can see the issue and they are keeping it and handling the communication with Firefly until it can be resolved. Also, my service rep knows to leave the RV with lights on for at least 48 hours to verify that the issue is resolved (I've never gone more than 24 hours without the issue happening).

They did try implementing the fix outlined in the recall and it did not fix the issue. The next step from Firefly was the software update but they (Firefly) still had not sent the USB with the update.

Dealer said after that they would likely seek to replace the unit.

I'd suggest to anyone who is working with your dealer to make sure they know how to replicate the issue (i.e. leave lights on for hours until they shut themselves off).

It's frustrating but know you are not alone!
Old 06-01-2021, 09:00 PM   #14

THOR #20541
I wanted to follow up as we just got the RV back from the shop. After an upgrade for firmware version 1.2 and GUI version 2.9 the issue has been resolved. No more issues with devices randomly turning off!