Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2021, 12:52 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16889
Shower

Had trouble with water on floor after showering since I bought the used unit. I have tried everything the trap under the shower pan was broken I replaced that. I still have water running on the floor when we shower. Seems to be coming from the wall. All plumbing is okay. If I run water directly in pan I don't see any leak. If I run water on the shower walls water streams out on the floor. I've looked for cracks in the pan can't find anything. Has anyone had this same issue? Thanks Joe

Old 07-12-2021, 01:47 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy18pa View Post
Had trouble with water on floor after showering since I bought the used unit. I have tried everything the trap under the shower pan was broken I replaced that. I still have water running on the floor when we shower. Seems to be coming from the wall. All plumbing is okay. If I run water directly in pan I don't see any leak. If I run water on the shower walls water streams out on the floor. I've looked for cracks in the pan can't find anything. Has anyone had this same issue? Thanks Joe
From what you described, I would look for a leak between shower wall and the shower pan. They are separate pieces. Let it dry and do one small area at a time on one wall so you can pin point which wall? But may be best to caulk the entire perimeter anyway.

But to your question, I have never seen any leaks or your issue. Just tossing you an idea. Good luck
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:48 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
What "unit" would that be and what kind of shower/door do you have? Pictures may help.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:02 PM   #4

THOR #16889
I have a 36-in shower stall with the shower head and handles on the right side. If I spray water into the pan no leaks. If I spray it on the left wall maybe 2 ft from the pan a gentle spray water will come out on the floor at the bottom left all the pan and that wall I have looked all over for cracks and places where it could leak and I'm baffled. I have done this with the shower door open standing outside. I think you're right I will have to remove caulk and recall it appears there would be a crack but I have found none. The shower door is one of those upscales that retracts by itself and has a wiper build in. Thank you
Old 07-13-2021, 02:33 AM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #24089
Pull the shower handle assembly

While replacing my shower head with a Bricor today, I noticed the entire shower handle assembly was loose (shower has never been used). Both PEX connections to the assembly were loose, but were not leaking.

When I unscrewed the assembly to tighten it from behind, I noticed that the blue (cold water) PEX tubing was stapled via a paneling staple. Sure enough, it was spraying all over the inside of the wall AFTER the PEX tube was disturbed from me adjusting the mount to tighten. It probably had a much smaller / constant leak prior.

In any case, 3 years later and still battling quality control issues. Never a Thor again...
Old 07-15-2021, 02:50 AM   #6

THOR #16889
I pulled all the caulking from around the tub. I recaulked the corners with clear silicone. Then I bought gorilla caulking white silicone and caulk the whole perimeter. I am now dry. Thanks y'all. Joe
Old 07-15-2021, 11:47 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote