Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2021, 09:07 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsmom View Post
We’ve got a 2015 ACE 30.1 and have had to actually disconnect the power to the leveling controller because the pump continues to cycle even after the jacks have been totally retracted. We thought it might be low hydraulic fluid so added a bit … no help. We don’t have low batteries/voltage. And the cycling quits when the emergency brake is on. We can’t figure it out to save ourselves and still have another 3 weeks on the road. Lippert was no help.

Any ideas?

This can also happen when the pressure sensor goes bad. The sensor does not read enough pressure for the system to think the jacks are retracted. The motor will continue to run even after the jacks are fully retracted. It can even lead to the 100A breaker tripping.

I got one on Amazon for my old Outlaw 29H for aboit $110 a few years ago and it fixed the problem.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:21 PM   #22

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
This can also happen when the pressure sensor goes bad. The sensor does not read enough pressure for the system to think the jacks are retracted. The motor will continue to run even after the jacks are fully retracted. It can even lead to the 100A breaker tripping.

I got one on Amazon for my old Outlaw 29H for about $110 a few years ago and it fixed the problem.
There are three different pressure sensors. A 300 psi used to ground the individual jacks. A 1,500 psi used in the return lines to indicate all jacks are up. A 3,000 psi limit switch to to prevent blowing the jacks' seals or stalling the motor.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #23

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
Quote:

I got one on Amazon for my old Outlaw 29H for aboit $110 a few years ago and it fixed the problem.
After posting here I called Lippert (for the third time) and talked with someone who was able to listen and think outside the script. His immediate response was to check the neutral safety switch on the chassis(sp?), because if it goes bad it’ll give a “jacks down” error. At this point I don’t know what to think, but they’re retracted and he assured me that if we had to use them to level the rig we could safely hook the power back up, use them and then disconnect the power again to keep the pump from continuing to cycle.

I’m just going to keep praying that we get dead-level spots for the next three weeks.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:55 PM   #24

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
This was the sensor that measured the jack retract pressure and I replaced on my coach to solve the problem of the motor continuing to run once the jacks were retracted.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-14-2021, 11:38 PM   #25

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
THOR #3016
Quote:
This was the sensor that measured the jack retract pressure and I replaced on my coach to solve the problem of the motor continuing to run once the jacks were retracted.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for your help! I’ve filed this away as well as put this part in my cart on Amazon and will share this with my mechanic when we get home.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #26

THOR #19197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprun View Post
Recently sold my 2016 ACE 29.4. New owners are in Pennsylvania and I'm in Ohio. New owners reached out to me. They are having leveler problems. The lights on the control panel are flashing and the system isn't working. They recently ran the batteries down and ended up having to replace them. That's when the problem started. Walked them through a number of steps including resetting breakers in battery compartment, use/store switch, etc. No luck, any ideas. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hold all the buttons down at same time to reset for several seconds
Old 07-15-2021, 10:40 PM   #27

THOR #15410
I know we have to have the engine running and the emergency brake set for our jacks to work.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:23 PM   #28

Model: Challenger
State: New York
THOR #9265
Lci

Call Lippert and they will walk you through all possible reset procedures. A previous suggestion was to reset the 100 amp breaker that controls the levelers. That is a definite possibility. You will find it either in the compartment where the hydraulic leveling pump is located OR you will find it in the engine compartment behind the engine battery.
Old 07-16-2021, 12:38 PM   #29

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #17583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprun View Post
Recently sold my 2016 ACE 29.4. New owners are in Pennsylvania and I'm in Ohio. New owners reached out to me. They are having leveler problems. The lights on the control panel are flashing and the system isn't working. They recently ran the batteries down and ended up having to replace them. That's when the problem started. Walked them through a number of steps including resetting breakers in battery compartment, use/store switch, etc. No luck, any ideas. Thanks in advance for your help.
Did he get it figured out yet?
Thor had 2 different jack systems on my 2018 29.4. one is called a LCI 4point 3 valve system. it has a touch screen that has a small window. and the other one is a LCI Leveling plus. It has actual buttons not a touch screen. Which one does yours have? ?
Old 07-16-2021, 12:56 PM   #30
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
I think that the O.P. showed a real touch of Class; by helping to solve a problem for the new owners of his ex-RV.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #31

THOR #17583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I think that the O.P. showed a real touch of Class; by helping to solve a problem for the new owners of his ex-RV.
Bob what does O.P. stand for ?
Old 07-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
"Original Poster": the person who started this thread...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:23 PM   #33

THOR #17583
OK thank you for the answer. It does seem he is an upright guy.