Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2021, 12:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Ohio
THOR #4541
Hydraulic levelers problem

Recently sold my 2016 ACE 29.4. New owners are in Pennsylvania and I'm in Ohio. New owners reached out to me. They are having leveler problems. The lights on the control panel are flashing and the system isn't working. They recently ran the batteries down and ended up having to replace them. That's when the problem started. Walked them through a number of steps including resetting breakers in battery compartment, use/store switch, etc. No luck, any ideas. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:09 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Very possible they tripped the 100A Bussman breaker when they were changing out the batteries.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:16 AM   #3

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
THOR #1295
"How do you reset error on LCI electronic leveling?
How to Clear Retract Time Out Return Levelers Error on LCI Level Up System If the touch pad is showing "Retract Time out Return Levelers for service" all you need to do is hit, enter and retract at the same time. That will clear that code."

My system would not respond this spring- lights flashing also so I simply did this. It worked.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:20 AM   #4

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
THOR #1295
"How do I reset my LCI panel?
Push and hold “BACK” button until BACK jacks just touch the ground. Push “ON/OFF” button . “ON/OFF” light illuminates; “LCI LOGO” light flashes."

There are many possible solutions online.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:56 AM   #5

THOR #4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Very possible they tripped the 100A Bussman breaker when they were changing out the batteries.
Thanks Judge, the problem started when they killed the batteries. They have replaced both house batteries. After replacing, i had them reset the breakers in the battery compartment. Everything else works. Trying to figure out the reset process on the LCI. It's a 2016 so it doesn't have a screen that gives an error code. All the lights on the left side of the control panel are lit and flashing. I think the issue was caused by low voltage.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:12 PM   #6

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprun View Post
Thanks Judge, the problem started when they killed the batteries. They have replaced both house batteries. After replacing, i had them reset the breakers in the battery compartment. Everything else works. Trying to figure out the reset process on the LCI. It's a 2016 so it doesn't have a screen that gives an error code. All the lights on the left side of the control panel are lit and flashing. I think the issue was caused by low voltage.
If you don't have the LCD Display then you likely had the Ultra Level System from LCI. This info may help.....

Error Mode

If any problem is detected with the jacks, the system will enter Error Mode. Error mode may be recognized by the blinking of Left, Center LCI and Right LEDs.

The following errors are detected by this system:
• Jack over current/short circuit.
• Jack under current/ open circuit.
• Jack extending too long (ground not detected after 2 min.).
• Jack retracting too long (fully retracted not detected after 2 min.).
• Out of stroke detection during auto cycle (if enabled).

The user must respond by pressing On/Off switch, which resets operation. All normal features are disabled in Error Mode.

If panel loses communication with the controller for more than 5 seconds, the panel will blink the Jacks Down, Park Brake and ON/OFF (if included) LEDs.

Latched Out Warning

LATCHED ERROR mode is “Wait”, “Jacks Down”, “Park Brake”, “Excess Slope” and “Low Voltage” lights flashing.

1. Battery voltage below 10.0V DC.
2. Retract time over 67 seconds in auto retract.
3. This is the only LATCHED ERROR mode.

To RESET, push all 4 diamond-shaped jack buttons at the same time (Fig. 16).
Old 07-07-2021, 02:33 PM   #7

THOR #4541
Quote:
If you don't have the LCD Display then you likely had the Ultra Level System from LCI. This info may help.....

Error Mode

If any problem is detected with the jacks, the system will enter Error Mode. Error mode may be recognized by the blinking of Left, Center LCI and Right LEDs.

The user must respond by pressing On/Off switch, which resets operation. All normal features are disabled in Error Mode.

If panel loses communication with the controller for more than 5 seconds, the panel will blink the Jacks Down, Park Brake and ON/OFF (if included) LEDs.

Latched Out Warning

LATCHED ERROR mode is “Wait”, “Jacks Down”, “Park Brake”, “Excess Slope” and “Low Voltage” lights flashing.

Judge, it was the Latched Out Warning and they were able to reset it as you described. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:12 PM   #8

THOR #12751
Old 07-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #24124
In need of some desperate help! Thor and camping world has been no help. I lowered my jacks this morning and had to move RV so someone can put a shed in my backyard and now jacks won’t retract.

They gave warning lights and Thor helped with reset but that’s all they knew. I am still unable to retract manually or automatically. After tester, only light that is on is “jacks lowered”. It’s a Thor Ace 2017 29.3’. Any help would be greatZ TIA
Old 07-08-2021, 10:28 PM   #10

Model: Chateau 24F
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin F View Post
In need of some desperate help! Thor and camping world has been no help. I lowered my jacks this morning and had to move RV so someone can put a shed in my backyard and now jacks won’t retract.

They gave warning lights and Thor helped with reset but that’s all they knew. I am still unable to retract manually or automatically. After tester, only light that is on is “jacks lowered”. It’s a Thor Ace 2017 29.3’. Any help would be greatZ TIA
Make sure your batteries are FULLY charged. Our levelers won't operate unless they get a good solid voltage. Can you hear anything, like a hum or buzzing? Or are you just getting warning lights?
Old 07-08-2021, 10:56 PM   #11

THOR #24124
Just the warning lights. I reset them and still unable to retract jacks either manually or automatically
Old 07-08-2021, 11:16 PM   #12

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #22490
Have you checked the breaker in the battery compartment?
Old 07-08-2021, 11:22 PM   #13

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
It sounds like the reset is not working to clear the panel latch alarm. If on/off cant shut off the control panel then releasing the parking brake should over ride the control panel I would think, but not sure. I assume you are in a fairly flat site and it is safe to try releasing the parking brake? Failing that ans since Thor tech was not much help you might have to contact LCI directly.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:33 PM   #14

THOR #24124
I found a thread on how to manually do it from a hydraulic a lot for the jacks. Gonna try that tomorrow. Thanks for all your help in trying to assist.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #15

THOR #24124
Figured it out. Popped the two 100 fuse in the area of the jack ports and instantly retracted. Thanks all for all the pointers
Old 07-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #16

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin F View Post
Figured it out. Popped the two 100 fuse in the area of the jack ports and instantly retracted. Thanks all for all the pointers
Thanks for the followup and update.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:44 PM   #17

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
Quote:

Error Mode

Latched Out Warning

We’ve got a 2015 ACE 30.1 and have had to actually disconnect the power to the leveling controller because the pump continues to cycle even after the jacks have been totally retracted. We thought it might be low hydraulic fluid so added a bit … no help. We don’t have low batteries/voltage. And the cycling quits when the emergency brake is on. We can’t figure it out to save ourselves and still have another 3 weeks on the road. Lippert was no help.

Any ideas?
Old 07-14-2021, 06:54 PM   #18

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprun View Post
Recently sold my 2016 ACE 29.4. New owners are in Pennsylvania and I'm in Ohio. New owners reached out to me. They are having leveler problems. The lights on the control panel are flashing and the system isn't working. They recently ran the batteries down and ended up having to replace them. That's when the problem started. Walked them through a number of steps including resetting breakers in battery compartment, use/store switch, etc. No luck, any ideas. Thanks in advance for your help.
First thing is the engine must be running and the park brake set! Then if nothing happens a reset can be done. Don't know what brand yours had but they can call Thor or call the mfg. of the system. Mine many times will read "Low Battery" when I know damn well it's not. I turn everything off, panel, engine, everything. Let it sit for 5 minutes then it works great. Not sure why?? Hope this helps; Bob Trice
Old 07-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #19

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsmom View Post
We’ve got a 2015 ACE 30.1 and have had to actually disconnect the power to the leveling controller because the pump continues to cycle even after the jacks have been totally retracted. We thought it might be low hydraulic fluid so added a bit … no help. We don’t have low batteries/voltage. And the cycling quits when the emergency brake is on. We can’t figure it out to save ourselves and still have another 3 weeks on the road. Lippert was no help.

Any ideas?
You may have a leak somewhere in the lines or at the control block. Check for fluid leaks. You already know the reservoir is full. I'm surprised Lippert was no help. They have been a great source for me before???? Bob Trice
Old 07-14-2021, 07:55 PM   #20

State: Kentucky
THOR #19043
help for jacks

I've tried to attach a chart (pdf) that is circulating on another Thor forum. It is a super tool that suggest fixes for just about everything the Thor jacks manage to do to aggravate us. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jacks.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	32065